2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deer Hunting '13

Re:Deer Hunting '13 (Meat on the table...) 10 years 5 months ago #26078

Well.. we were in the stand and something like 20 minutes after good daylight and doe and two nice little ones came by...

Just what I was hoping for - a small doe. Probably weighed around 70 lbs.

Cole shot it as it was standing facing us and hit it right square in the chest and it went right back thru the heart and lungs.

The heart was actually blown in half. Ran about 15 yards and piled up.

Now this one is going to be some good eatin.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 (Meat on the table...) 10 years 5 months ago #26080

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
TNhunter wrote:

Well.. we were in the stand and something like 20 minutes after good daylight and doe and two nice little ones came by...

Just what I was hoping for - a small doe. Probably weighed around 70 lbs.

Cole shot it as it was standing facing us and hit it right square in the chest and it went right back thru the heart and lungs.

The heart was actually blown in half. Ran about 15 yards and piled up.

Now this one is going to be some good eatin.

TNhunter

tell the boy congrats. Be some tender eating right there

Re:Deer Hunting '13 (Meat on the table...) 10 years 5 months ago #26081

Good deal TN, tell Cole congrats! I have yet to see a deer.:P

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26086

TN... Tell Cole congrats and kudos to you for taking your son out during the Juvenile Hunting Season! So many kids never get to experience the outdoors and the joy of nature. I'll bet dad is very proud and had a big grin on his' face all day!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26087

Thanks guys..

We were actually hunting right behind our house. There is a long point that goes out past our house and I have a clearing on the ridge top and we went thru that to the end of the point where you can see a big hollow bottom and two ridge sides across from our location.

This is the same spot that Cole killed his first buck (an 8 pointer) 2 years ago with a .410 shotgun / slug.

I think my deer killing luck (skill) has passed on to this boy for sure.

He has fired 3 times and killed an 8 point, 6 point, and now a small doe - batting 100 so far.

Proud - Yep !

We were back home about the time the sun was breaking over the hill.

I cut all of that meat up and had it soaking in the fridge out in the garage... and around 1 pm, I took those (tiny tinderloins) and fried them up and fixed some gravey and potatoes and My wife made some biscuits.. Yum Yum !

TNhunter

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26089

TN... Now you went and done it! Now I am going to have to go downstairs, open my' chest freezer and pull out the old Tenderloins I had been saving and fry them up.

That is great shooting, 3 shots...3 kills! It appears that you have taught Cole as my Dad taught me when I was 6 years old, some 54 years ago and that is to make every shot count as ammo is not cheap and wasn't then. I loved watching the movie \"The Patriot\" and my Dad taught me and lived by the code \"Aim small, miss small\"! Sadly, Dad did not live long enough to get to see the movie! What Dad taught me, served me well in hunting and shooting as well as in the U.S. Army where I held Expert with the M-16 and was qualified on every weapon in an Armored Tank Units arsenal. I am sure that what you have taught and will teach Cole, will also serve him well throughout his life!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26154

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
huntsman53 wrote:

TN... Now you went and done it! Now I am going to have to go downstairs, open my' chest freezer and pull out the old Tenderloins I had been saving and fry them up.

That is great shooting, 3 shots...3 kills! It appears that you have taught Cole as my Dad taught me when I was 6 years old, some 54 years ago and that is to make every shot count as ammo is not cheap and wasn't then. I loved watching the movie \"The Patriot\" and my Dad taught me and lived by the code \"Aim small, miss small\"! Sadly, Dad did not live long enough to get to see the movie! What Dad taught me, served me well in hunting and shooting as well as in the U.S. Army where I held Expert with the M-16 and was qualified on every weapon in an Armored Tank Units arsenal. I am sure that what you have taught and will teach Cole, will also serve him well throughout his life!

Frank

my opinion on deer hunting, is one get one good shot. And sir you have taught ,that boy that much. I'm proud of him. Not many can bat a 100. Being adults. Much less young as him. I'm so proud for him ,and its not even my son. My 11 year old daughter likes to go but she can't keep from fidgetting to much. Think I buy a tent blind for when I take her. Broke my bow out , Saturday and shot ,still dead eye .went this morning where my stand is hanging ,jumped nice 8-10 point going try. To hunt him all day tomorrow. Nice rack. Wish me luck. Seen him twice in one week 200 yds from my stand. Maybe he come in close to my stand. The trail I have seen him on is around 100 to yards of my spot. But a trail intersect in it ,if I'm lucky he may come on the one 25 yards from my stand. If so I post pics on this thread tomorrow. With pics of him on my trail cam. Or some killed pics.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26204

here is one i got last year.
Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26212

:woohoo: Congrats on taking that big buck! What was the inside spread on that one? It looks like you have almost as much antler as you do meat!:silly: Did that one come out of Catoosa?

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26213

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
;) well it was not. ,the one I been scouting. But it walked within 35 yds of my stand .this morning my step grand son was tickled to get his pic made with it. Not bad for a bow kill! But I waiting on gun season. I got some trail pics of to nice hoss's .but couldn't pass up this bow kill.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 349 guests and no members online

Login