2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deer Hunting '13

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26690

Nice buck!, yall got some nice deer up there in kentucky. I'm from Tennessee here and use to deer hunt a lot up around scott and cambell counties up close to the state line. There's some big deer up there, use to hunt across from a coal mine, awesome lookin woods. After seeing some of these pics I might just have to get the rifle back out, but damn it gets cold this time of year...:S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26691

bellco ky wrote:

Yeah ! Rut just kicking in real good here . How bout in Tenn. Going help my cousin Wednesday to move is stand. And he is seeing a lot swelled neck younger bucks , all out bow range,so we going move him closer to the big deer,we hope anyways

Since I hunt the high from mountains 3,000 to 4,500 feet in elevation, I can't really say what is going on in the lower elevations. However, I would imagine that in the lower elevations the bucks are in full Rut. In the higher mountains, the bucks seem to be coming to the end of the Rut. I was hunting at around 4,500 feet yesterday, the temperature was probably around 4 or 5 degrees and with the wind, the wind chill was 10 to 15 degrees below zero. It was brutal and I had to get back to my' truck by 10:00 AM because I could not keep my' hands warm and nearly got frostbite!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26692

Nice buck there! That rack is one you can be proud of!
The Rut is in big here in central carolinas...

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26827

Has everyone quit hunting? We still have about 3 weeks here, until jan1, 2014. I think I'm going out this evening after work.

Late season hunting is where \"the rubber meets the road\" so-to-speak... toughest hunting all season.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26829

Yea Whit I know what you mean. My younger brother usually gets a couple and has not seen any worth shooting. All to small. He saw 26 last night while driving home in Muskingum county Ohio. But no good ones in the woods when hunting.
Latt

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26832

Yup... 2 weeks before T-Gibing, my hunting buddy and I went outr. We ddidn't see a thing while hunting. I was on my way home., about a mile from home, when two nice bucks chased six doe right across the road in front of me. Had to brake in order to not bag one with the front end of my Sonic.

'Course there was no shot available.....

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 3 months ago #26843

Hey guys- I got a big doe yesterday evening. Used my .243 Remington, and it was a 250 yard shot. I'm pretty happy about it, one of the longest, successful shots I've had this past two years!

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 3 months ago #26845

Holy cow Whit. That's Sniper range brother. lol
Nice shot.
Latt

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 3 months ago #26913

So, how did you guys do this year?

Season ended this year here in NC, with me having 4 in the freezer, a small buck, a 3 year old doe, a 3 year old buck, and another doe.

I'm grateful for the realtive longer season in our state. altho, it feels like -to me- that I'm just getting good at it when the season ends. Bow starts here in mid-sept, muzzle started this year in my county in early Nov, with gun following in mid Nov. Everything ended on 1 Jan 14.

I'm thinking that some of your seasons in other states are much shorter. What do you guys think?

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 302 guests and no members online

Login