2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 20 yr old twin roots. very unique.

Re:20 yr old twin roots. very unique. 10 years 5 months ago #25438

They where both 4 prong close to cedars. plant was only about 8 inches tall. Ginseng is a very funny plant. i see 8 inch 4 prongs 20 yrs old and 3 foot 4 prongs 5 yrs old. i duc a 2 prong 18 inches tall with seeds and a huge root.im glad i finally started digging. thanks guys.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:20 yr old twin roots. very unique. 10 years 4 months ago #26266

if you look closely to the root on the right, you will notice the rhizome has been damaged midway you can see hot it is thicker at the top of the rhizome compared to the bottom portion. a few things could cause this, what is AMAZING about the rhizome is its ability to rejuvenate itself when damaged. and just so you know those bulby roots are and have been for the last decade the most sought after roots on the Asian market. people are mislead thinking the man or woman shaped roots are more valuable. this is very far from the truth, every yr I separate every individual bulby root and get 500$ for EVERY 2 OUNCES OF THEM....fact...always save them and keep them separate from your main lot and find the right buyer and I can assure you , you will do very well my friend:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 724 guests and no members online

Login