2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27364

Guys, I haven't seen this show at all except for a trailer on the computer.... based on that I could tell that it was not anything that would interest me personally... thought it looked stupid. That's the only opinion that I have on it. Just like everything else though, I believe it will blow over in time... :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27365

I agree 5 prong, I don't foresee a second season. I'm just glad this show didn't air in the Spring.

I believe this show should take a few lessons from my favorite program, Alaska The Last Frontier. Its not staged or elevated into something more than what the real people are. Their normal life is interesting enough. I really appreciate how it shows their respect for the land and you never see any member of this family take an animals life without reverence and appreciation for it. Nature would benefit if other shows would follow their lead.

Hillhopper

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27396

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Well said Hillhopper I to enjoy Alaska The Last Frontier. It is shown and done right.

Hillhopper wrote:

I agree 5 prong, I don't foresee a second season. I'm just glad this show didn't air in the Spring.

I believe this show should take a few lessons from my favorite program, Alaska The Last Frontier. Its not staged or elevated into something more than what the real people are. Their normal life is interesting enough. I really appreciate how it shows their respect for the land and you never see any member of this family take an animals life without reverence and appreciation for it. Nature would benefit if other shows would follow their lead.

Hillhopper

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27398

Too funny fellas,
Love everything about \"Alaska The Last Frontier\" except the outhouse situation. I think I would have to find a way to get around that being outside. Too cold and too many bears.

Sounds like some of you fellas watch the same stuff I do.

Here is some of the shows I watch and yes I drive my lady nuts some times because I watch this stuff verses prime time programs on network TV.

Anyway here is a list of a few I like:

Moonshiners
Alaska The Last Frontier
Bering Sea Gold
Gold Rush (Kind of getting tired of it tho)
Survivor Man
How it's Made
Counting Cars
American Pickers
Pawn Stars
Treehouse Masters
The Universe
Through the Worm Hole
Property Brothers
Many other Home improvement shows too.

Just a few.
Latt

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27399

FYI cut and pasted below from Rural Action:

Rural Action signs onto letter requesting 'Appalachian Outlaws' to set the record straight

Led by United Plant Savers and the American Herbal Products Association, Rural Action is requesting History® (formerly The History Channel) set the record straight when it comes to American Ginseng harvest.

Appalachian Outlaws, a new reality style TV show on History® has showcased illegal trespassing and theft of ginseng, ignores legal harvesting practices, and puts this species at risk for further exploitation. In many aspects the show also promotes many stereotypes about Appalachian culture. In an effort to address the show's distortions, we are asking the network to correct the record.

Rural Action is also working to develop a social media campaign to guide the shows audience towards good stewardship and sustainable harvest. American Ginseng is considered an \"At Risk\" species in the wild and its trade is heavily governed under international regulation through the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna (CITES). Click here to read more and to access the letter.

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27401

I really hope that Tanner's letter [Rural Action] will get some results, at least a response, which is more than I got to my letter I wrote 2-3 weeks ago.

You go, Tanner!

BTW- Latt- I watch a lot of those shows as well. I must admit to being a fan on NCIS as well....

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27402

accidental 2nd posting of above

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27405

Latt wrote:

Too funny fellas,
Love everything about \"Alaska The Last Frontier\" except the outhouse situation. I think I would have to find a way to get around that being outside. Too cold and too many bears.

Latt

LOL!! That's an easy problem to solve.

Always put your' outhouse downhill from the house with it's back to the house. Build a toliet closet inside the house in direct line with the outhouse. Run a 6 inch heavy duty PVC pipe from the seat in the toliet closet through the wall of the house on a good downhill angle down to the outhouse and through the back wall of the outhouse a foot or more below the toliet (outhouse) seat. You might want to install a hinged flapper (door) in one section of PVC pipe just outside of your' house and a vent beyond the flapper between the house and outhouse. The vent will prevent most of the obnoxious smell/gases from coming up the pipe to the house by venting them and the hinged flapper should prevent the rest. It's a good idea to pour a little vegetable or mineral oil down the pipe every now and then to keep things sliding, if you know what I mean!:ohmy: LOL!!

Frank

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27406

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bhahahahah Out Houses where fine until I learned how to have a IN HOUSE and since then I got to have those movements inside lol except of course when I am in the Mountains and there is no need for a stinky box around me then it is quit good to relive ones self in the wild... HAHAHAHAHAH now how do we get to this conversation men lol....

Billy.

huntsman53 wrote:

Latt wrote:

Too funny fellas,

Latt

LOL!! That's an easy problem to solve.

Always put your' outhouse downhill from the house with it's back to the house. Build a toliet closet inside the house in direct line with the outhouse. Run a 6 inch heavy duty PVC pipe from the seat in the toliet closet through the wall of the house on a good downhill angle down to the outhouse and through the back wall of the outhouse a foot or more below the toliet (outhouse) seat. You might want to install a hinged flapper (door) in one section of PVC pipe just outside of your' house and a vent beyond the flapper between the house and outhouse. The vent will prevent most of the obnoxious smell/gases from coming up the pipe to the house by venting them and the hinged flapper should prevent the rest. It's a good idea to pour a little vegetable or mineral oil down the pipe every now and then to keep things sliding, if you know what I mean!:ohmy: LOL!!

Frank

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #27407

Hey Latt..

I don't get to watch a whole lot of TV... but I do watch and enjoy American Pickers, and Pawn Stars.

I have seen a decent show on Alaska a couple times but I can't remember for sure if it was the one you guys are talking about. Probably was...

My boy Cole and I watch Duck Dynasty - it is a little too put on at times but I still like it.

I can get into Antiques Road Show to.

Not much to do right now (as cold as it is) but a lot of staying in and trying to keeping warm and watching a little TV :-)

Come on SPRING ! I am ready for you !

TNhunter

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and no members online

Login