2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts?

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27520

Wildspirit.
Yes i do realize it is just a show, a very dumb show, i think i have actually lost IQ points just being exposed to the characters on there. Reality is much grimmer than is being portrayed, just last year a poacher was shot by a 78 yr old ginseng grower with a AK47 then thrown in a creek bed, the drug out of the creek bed thru the woods, wrapped in a blue tarp then buried in a mulch pile. thats the reality.

That's one bad ass 78 yr old I hope i'm still kicken ass at that age. All you can do is stay armed and be aware of your surroundings. I really don't think the show is gonna cause anymore problems than usual, but that's my opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27522

lol K_Duce, I just about had water come out my nose readin that. hahah Toothless and Ruthless is my favorite.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27523

K duce...I guess I dont get it. ?. Anyone who may know that know you have a ginseng patch already. knew that it is was worth money .
You sure are one for drama aren't you ? The last post I read from you had posted said that the big dealers and federal law enforcement was plotting to close the WV ginseng program down as punishment for the show.
I checked into that as promised...Total Hogwash to be nice !
Btw..my security at my shop is top notch and I sleep very well at night.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27525

Strong Prong wrote:

K duce...I guess I dont get it. ?. Anyone who may know that know you have a ginseng patch already. knew that it is was worth money .
You sure are one for drama aren't you ? The last post I read from you had posted said that the big dealers and federal law enforcement was plotting to close the WV ginseng program down as punishment for the show.
I checked into that as promised...Total Hogwash to be nice !
Btw..my security at my shop is top notch and I sleep very well at night.

Well ummm did you know there was an \"Oldest Trick in the Book?

Trickith Number 1.
Looketh over there...........Ha..... madeth thou Look.
End of Trick.
Yes as of right now it is total Hogwash Strong-Pong but are you saying that it is ok for your show to put out mis-information but I am not afforded the same benefit?

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27530

I didn't know there was any other way to buy and sell ginseng other than meeting a stranger on a back country road in the middle BFE, and if there wasn't a gun or 2 involved I would just walk away cause that ain't normal. I usually buy a barrel or 2 of roots at a time and I don't even check to to see if its seng at all or let alone weigh it. That way I don't offend the guy with the AR-15 trained on me.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27531

Hey all, I'm new to this site but have been digging and stewarding seng since 1995. I am worried about the show and its depiction of its a get rich quick kind of thing. My son is a Sr in HS and says all the kids are talking about it. The only place to dig seng here is on private land. It is going to cause problems. Trespassers are everywhere just in deer season let alone something they can make some cash at. I think the folks that gain an interest will keep at it. Just think back to the excitement you all had when you found that first choice root.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27532

lj125, thats classic...lol

Reeder49, welcome to the forum, there is some good information on this site, just dont take this thread to seriously, every year from december to march we run out of things to talk about and get cabin fever and so one subject always gets driven into the ground. this year its appalachian outlaws, 2 years ago it was a beekeeping adventure. hmmmm.....using africanized bees to deter poaching...

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27533

Thanks for the welcome. I've got the winter blues myself. Started planting wild-simulated 2 years ago and I'm ready to see some plants. I had about 50% germination last year so I planted more. I also planted 200 2 year old rootlets. I've got about 3/4 acre going and I'm ready to see some. Hope the Outlaw's don't venture to IN!

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27534

Welcome to this forum, Reeder49.

LI25 - I was laughing so much at your post....I had to stop for fear of others here at work would worry about me today!

I havn't watched another episode of this series, since the first two. didn't wish to do it, it was simply the same thing over and over... Can't sanction any of it.

I still think, however, that all of us better \"tighten the rope\" on our security measures for our patches.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 1 month ago #27536

Welcome Reeder49. I believe a lot of folk with the big \"ginsenging\" notion from this show will soon forget by the time Spring arrives and if not, a few tick filled trips with an empty sack will do the trick. I would assume a lot of buyers (not everyone by no means and my like-minded friends are most definitely excluded) welcome the show and the possibility of more people in the woods and more seng to buy, regardless of the after effects. Our native Ginseng is holding on the best it can and in a few places flourishing, but it can't take many more bombardments like it's had in the past.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 356 guests and no members online

Login