* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: traceability

traceability 10 years 3 months ago #27196

Hi
please could anyone tell me if there are any growers or suppliers of dried ginseng products, powders, teas ,or dried roots that Operate traceability of products at all stages of the production, processing and distribution, including with regard to substances incorporated into the product
I have seen this process alot in other herbal products but not in ginseng supply
Many thanks
Mel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:traceability 10 years 3 months ago #27199

Welcome to this forum!

Hsu's ginseng has arguably the biggest 'sang product line. You can pose your question to them about traceability. I do not know, myself, how this is handled in the ginseng industry. They are located in Wisconsin however sell all over the world.

Re:traceability 10 years 3 months ago #27205

Hi Whitjr
Thanks for taking the time to reply .I have just visited the Hsu site and made contact Although provisionally it looks like they just put a general label on the box with nothing too specific
Many thanks
Mel

Re:traceability 10 years 2 months ago #27318

Melsplants: do you grow herbs?

Re:traceability 10 years 2 months ago #27321

Hi whit jr
Yes i grow herbs and a few other plants
Just as follow up to my last email I contacted a number of companies about packaging labelling and tractability of ginseng including Ontario Ginseng Growers Association none have got back to me yet
Regards
Mel

Re:traceability 10 years 2 months ago #27337

If memory serves (and my information is correct), one of the big ginseng companys in the US had a store shut down because they stocked the shelves with China White instead of American Ginseng as labeled. I'll not post the company, but they are still in business.

Re:traceability 10 years 1 month ago #27677

I've not seen traceability in any ginseng products.
Maple syrup producers in Canada require traceability including lot#, production date, location and grade. Ginseng farmers are required to keep records of chemical applications but buyers don't ask for it, in my experience.

Guy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 425 guests and no members online

Login