2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gone Fishing !!!!

Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #27982

Well... Spring is really here.

I had to choose between Fishing, Turkey Hunting, Shrooming.... this morning and only had a couple hours to go..

Decided to hit the creek for a short run and had some decent luck. Got 3 smallies and a nice black perch.

Going to have some good eatin for supper tonight !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #27984

Hi
nice fish. What bait did you use ? Are the perch a bit boney
Mel

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #27987

Mel,

I caught them using a Rapala - shallow shad rap bait. Ultra-light spinning real - 6 lb test line.

www.basspro.com/Rapala-Shallow-Shad-Rap/product/2850/

I would not say the black perch is any bonier than the small mouth bass. They are short and stocky but very good eating. White flaky and very tasty.

I do prefer the small mouth bass over the blackperch, but I would never complain about eating black perch (some call them rock bass or red-eye) - good stuff. Beats any fish I ever paid for at a restaurant by a long shot.

TNhunter

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #27995

I got in another short run in the creek this morning (before Church)..

Caught 3 large mouth bass... 2 of them were in the 1.5 lb range and the other around a pound... and one more nice black perch.

I filleted the larger fish (wife and kids prefer them that way) and scaled the smaller ones for eating whole (I like em like that).

Going to have a little fish fry for Sunday dinner. Fresh creek fish, Hush Puppies, Fries, white beans.. Yum Yum !

TNhunter !

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #27996

Lovely fish for Sunday dinner and a nice size for eating, I had a packet of crisps.
I live in the city so it has been a while since I have been fishing .Pike, perch and zander are common in the slow waters where I live .Pike and zander are not easy to catch we mostly use plugs and spinners, I think you call them lures .Perch will eat anything that drops in front of them although they have more fight in them pound for pound
Mel

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28003

Fresh water bass is my fav. fish to eat, of all!

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28023

TN, Very Nice,

I actually like the red eyes best. I like to fry them rolled in flour and cornmeal and pick the meat off the bones instead of fillet

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28076

Went again yesterday morning and caught a couple nice black perch and ate them for lunch.

Then again this morning and caught 2 nice black perch and a couple of smallies.. That smallmouth on the right was a pretty good one. Man they hit like a freight train and fight hard. I hung another nice smallmouth that I fought for 30 seconds or so and then he broke my line.

There was a gobbler out in the green bottom field next to the creek - gobbling like crazy.

Absolutely beautiful spring morning !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28078

TNhunter nothing like fresh fish. I'm taking my 3 year old out trout fishing today!! Wish me Luck..LOL

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28079

trahn...

Kudos for taking the 3 year old fishing.

Hope you all catch a good mess, and enjoy this beautiful day.

TNunter

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 570 guests and no members online

Login