2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gone Fishing !!!!

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28278

Strawberries coming right along with blooms.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28279

And my Ambrosia sweet corn is up and a little over 1\" tall already.

A week with highs in the mid 80's will sure put your corn up nicely.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28283

So far so good TN, you should have a fun/busy summer keeping up with everything.

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28286

Mortis - I have learned that the older I get, the smaller my garden needs to be.

It sure can be a lot of work but if you scale it down to just the most important things and only grow what your family needs it will not be too much work.

I also hoe my stuff real good a time or two and then once the soil warms up good I put down a bed of straw mulch around everything.. and then no more hoeing or weeding, just mow around it and harvest and eat it.

I am looking forward to the eating part :-)

Yesterday evening our Church did not have evening services... and I took the kids down to a local small river for some early swimming. My son swam a lot, my daughter and wife only got their feet wet.

I waded down river a bit and caught a nice small mouth bass on a popper (top water bait). Love it when they blow up on that lure.

My wife got a decent pic of me fishing down river. I have been hooked bad on creek and small river fishing this spring.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 11 months ago #28380

I finally got out to do some fishing yesterday 1st time this ur. Been so busy cutting wood, tending to this yrs baby goats, and my new found passion hunting mushrooms. My cousin n I went to his hunting camp where they have three ponds one is full of large bull blue gills on average they're 7 ta 8 inches long. The bite was furious filled two 5 gal pails in about 3 hrs. Man I love those days ended up with 10 lbs of fish yummy.:laugh:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 10 months ago #28416

Hobbler - those blue gills are good eating too.

I got back in the small river this morning and caught enough for supper tonight.

Brought home 7 black perch. I think small mouth may be on bed now, only caught one and it was a small one.

Going to eat these for supper tonight - Yum !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 10 months ago #28417

TN,
Congratulations Man! It looks like you had a good day in the office :laugh: Glad to see that you're getting to spend a lot of time on the water. That's almost as good of healing as ginseng. Fish on brother.
Hugh

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 10 months ago #28495

Had to hit the creek again this morning.. it's Saturday and I am hooked on creek fishing big time this year.

Caught 14 black perch, 3 small mouth bass and a couple of nice large mouth bass (pic included of those two).

Bass starting to hit topwater bait pretty good now. Caught both of these on a Rebel Pop R.

Going to grill up some fillets for Sunday dinner.

Yum, Yum...

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 10 months ago #28549

Whoppers!!!

Re:Gone Fishing !!!! 9 years 8 months ago #29147

Well guys.. I am still hitting the creeks and catching some fish. I just can't get enough of that this year.

A couple weekends ago we went up to Ky Lake and stayed for a long weekend. All my family was there... and I got out and fished around the bank some with topwater baits and caught several bass and one that weighed 4 lbs.

This past Thursday I floated 2.5 miles of a small river here in my county in a river tube... and caught 1 small mouth, 3 large mouth, and 4 black perch.

Then this morning I hit the creek again and waded a nice little stretch with some good holes in it. First cast (just breaking daylight) I caught the big old smallie below.

Weighed in at 3.08 lbs.

Caught one more nice smallmouth and 4 black perch.

Having a fish fry this evening :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and no members online

Login