2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some pictorial information for Brad Castle and others

Some pictorial information for Brad Castle and others 9 years 9 months ago #28535

Brad,
Since you document a lot of ginseng facts and write about them I thought that you might be interested in some pictures and information about different strains of ginseng or where the seed might have originated from. Many on this board buy seed from many different dealers and depending upon where they are planting the seeds, the results may vary widely. Have a look at 3 different seed locales and how they react to the climate they were planted in. Some of you can relate to this and may want to give your personal experience.
http://www.smokymountainflyguide.com/Choosing%20places%20to%20grow%20ginseng2.htm

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Some pictorial information for Brad Castle and others 9 years 9 months ago #28537

Nice Hugh.

Thank you.

Re:Some pictorial information for Brad Castle and others 9 years 9 months ago #28538

Hugh,
Thanks for posting the pictures. This is something that has my interest as well. My native sang is just beginning to think about flowering. The non- native has berries the size of pencil erasers. The native emerged about two weeks later as well. Great topic and your website is very informative as well.
Redbeard

Re:Some pictorial information for Brad Castle and others 9 years 9 months ago #28539

Redbeard,
Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I believe that most of the growers that will be affected by this problem will be in the South since almost all of the commercial seed is grown North of us. It will be interesting to see just what comments we will get about this problem and where they are growing seng. I think all seed will grow good ginseng, it's just that some locations will require adjusting growing and planting techniques if you plan to use the seed from your own plants. We sort of need to hear of \"general locations\" that are having this problem. Good luck this year.
Hugh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 522 guests and no members online

Login