2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reality show ?,s

Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29829

Just a few things i was curious about . Will the ap outlaws film a second season . Will billy do a second season of filty riches, and what happened with king of the mountain . i here a new show called smoky mountain moneys being filmed in northcaralina. Does anyone know of any other ginseng related shows in production.are these shows reqired to get any specal permits to insure no laws are broken? would be nice said shows donated a little of the profit to purchase seeds to be planted to replace whats harvested. anyway thanks in advance for any info sorry about my spelling but my keyboards about junk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29906

I've heard that with App Outlaws, yes a 2nd season will be made. With a full 12-16 episodes. I can't say regarding the other shows. As far as permits/laws, I'm sure History Channel would rather do as they please and pay the fine, than try to operate within the law and make less entertaining television. They probably have a team of lawyers 100 strong to help them through any situation that may arise.

That being said, I have my suspicion that a lot of the footage of the AO diggers was all filmed in 1 day, all on the same ground, with permission from the land owner. All had the same clothes on for every episode, a dead leaf stuck to the back of a shirt was there on supposedly different days of digging. I could go on and on. I have no proof, just my observation. I think they set up on a 10 acre section of woods with all the actors (diggers) and about 50 cameras, and just blundered around for 24 hours, and made a show out of it.

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29908

What??? App.Outlaws wasn't real? Come on, we all know that rednecks go out shooting at strangers and burning their neighbors vehicles all the time.

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29915

I did not care much for App Outlaws, but liked Billy's show Filthy Riches a lot better.

Still watching Filthy Riches some on Hulu Plus with my boy Cole - we have run them over and over again.

I hope Filthy Riches comes back for a second season.

We both like Duck Dynasty too.

TNhunter

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29918

billy had another show called king of the mountain it was more about his family and all the other roots besides ginseng they dig and buy through out the year i only saw one episode but it was pretty good dont know why they never aired more episodes maybe billy will let us know where to view more?

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #29933

I had not heard about king of the mountain...

Checked hulu and netflix and could not find it listed.

Billy has been putting up some videos (on his youtube channel) showing how to ID and harvest various other roots.

I enjoy those too.

TNhunter

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #30021

Any, and I mean any thought at all as to the negative effects of taking something this sacred(at least to me dunno bout rest of ya) and turning it into some primetime picture of being able to get rich digging ginseng. I've lost access to several properties that I've planted and dug on for years cuz their kids or grand kids saw these spectacles and wanna \" give it a try\". Makes me sick! I smell a veritable crap storm booming down on those of us that have been doing this for years coming down very soon. Poaching, nonselective greedy harvest, uneducated masses fumbling around where they shouldn't be. I'm sure we'll be seeing a ton of \"is this ginseng?\" Posts popping up from viewers of these atrocities that be stumbled upon this site begging for advice.

Pardon my rant but my plants,roots and time spent in the old growth is sacred to me and didn't deserve to be commercialized.
Hope I've not offended anyone. Merely my humble opinion.

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #30031

Iowa
I think we're seeing it already here on the site not saying all the new people on here are here due to the shows. I do offer advice here on the site but I'm very quiet here around my town more than I ever was. I haven't been growing as long as most on this site but the reality of someone digging my hard work is really coming to life. I've put up plenty of camera's on my patches instead of on deer trails. Hopefully these get rich quick people will see its not a walk in the park, more work than its worth and will give up. I mean no disrespect to those who go about the right way to dig ginseng and do the lawfully right thing but this could truly be the beginning of the end. In my thoughts!

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #30049

I'm glad you agree hobler, its a bad thing what's going on. Especially where I'm at. No mountains here just old growth timber so I fear it could really get hurt by these idiots who've sold out to TV fame.

Re:Reality show ?,s 9 years 7 months ago #30051

Iowagrown,
I think you need to rethink your language on this board. Some of these people that you are calling idiots are our friends and you are placing yourself in a legal situation by slandering them on an open board. You can have your personal feelings, but your out of line.
Hugh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 177 guests and no members online

Login