2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2014 Ginseng Prices

2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30149

Well with ginseng season in full swing, not much info on price specualtion as in previous years, Last year on Appalchain Outlaws we saw ginseng prices soar to about a ga-zillion dollars an ounce.
Any one care to take a poke at what to expect by December?
Ok i will give it a go.
Look for prices to top out about 1400-1500 by mid November, also look for alot and i mean alot of dealers to quit buying by mid november. They will have gotten all they can afford at pennies on the dollar from all of the newbies who probably stole most of everyone elses crops.
Thats just my take on it. Anyone else?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30154

K_Duce,
I'm going to call you and raise you one. My philosophy is a little different from yours and please don't call me an idiot :laugh: I have already talked about my thoughts with a few others on the board about prices this year.
My belief is that we may see prices go up to almost $2000.00 per dried pound.
1: The digging was pretty heavy last year and lots of diggers were out there in the woods. That will thin the supply this year.

2: The loss of the 3 major National Forest in North Carolina and Tennessee will absolutely have an impact of the amount available this year. I believe it will cause prices to go higher than they have ever been toward the end of the season.

3: If you call me an idiot, I'm coming after you with my ginseng dog:P

Hugh

Re:2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30162

Hahaha,
Better keep that mange infested root hound out of my patches. :laugh:

Its making its way to the prices in which you speak, till then ill just keep on growing and topping.

Re:2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30165

I was forced to sell almost a half pound green today{desperately needed the money} I was paid $180 a pound in Burke county. I did not want to take it or did I want to sell.I have never sold green in my 20+ years of digging. The dealer said it was the first he had bought this year and he had no got any orders as of yet.Said that they were usually calling by now placing orders. I told him that not to bother with the rumors cause I looked at the poundage reported for NC last year and I figure the market is not flooded like he was fixing to say.I Know the dealer in Macon county opened at $200. But I would have burnt more in gas and time to took it over their.Also I sold some coho sh and blood root, wild yam at the same place. We need to be the price setters instead of the price takers. I wish I could hold out for awhile but bills come Past due.

Re:2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30911

I feel your pain! If you don't have money you get less for what you sell. We have no place to cut back and we need the money from the ginseng. My car is 19 yrs. old and the drivers window won't go up so I put a tarp over it at home. Our garden rotted, 1st time in 15 years and we depend on it for our food and our grown kids food. Yes, all food is from scratch. I need baking supplies but now that's a luxury. Going to borrow our daughter's car when I find a buyer. Shame that one has to look like they don't need the money to get a fair price. Wish you well. Lynn Gust from Wisconsin. L.gust

Re:2014 Ginseng Prices 9 years 7 months ago #30941

Kentucky dry prices are going to start the 15th at around $500 a lb.
Green still at 180 to 200 dollars a lb.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 742 guests and no members online

Login