2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: drying seng ?

drying seng ? 9 years 6 months ago #30949

Me and my son have been lucky enough to find some ginseng,we plan on selling it dry, what is the best way to dry it ? How do you tell when it is dry enough ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:drying seng ? 9 years 6 months ago #30950

Wash it gently, never use a brush or strong stream of water on ginseng. Just swish them around in a pan of water and rub the dirt gently with your fingers.

Lay them out on a screen or in a shallow, open cardboard box in a relatively consistently warm spot in your home and they should dry just fine. Keeping fresh airflow is important also.

Generally, depending on size and warmth, it will take at least two - three weeks or so to air dry most lots and longer for larger roots.

Re:drying seng ? 9 years 6 months ago #30951

Wash it gently, never use a brush or strong stream of water on ginseng. Just swish them around in a pan of water and rub the dirt gently with your fingers.

Lay them out on a screen or in a shallow, open cardboard box in a relatively consistently warm spot in your home and they should dry just fine. Keeping fresh airflow is important also.

Generally, depending on size and warmth, it will take at least two - three weeks or so to air dry most lots and longer for larger roots.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 687 guests and no members online

Login