2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is the future of genseng?

What is the future of genseng? 14 years 5 months ago #3108

With more people getting into wild-simulating, like myself, what will the prices look like in the future? Will they stay stable as more people come into the dealer with 10, 20, 30, or more pounds every year? I know that most do not plant that many seeds, but could the market ever get flooded? I would like to know how much ginseng currently bought is wild-simulated and what this projection looks like into the future.

I assume that because of simple economics that the price has to rise some due to high future inflation, but could we be planting ourselves out of buisness?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is the future of genseng? 14 years 5 months ago #3111

general, I don't believe we will ever plant ourselves out of business. They grow alot of tame ginseng in Wisconsin, which is used for teas,supplements,aphrodisiacs,stimulants and the such. The wild we mainly ship to China. In China and in the U.S.A. we have over dug making the plant scarce. Think how the woods would have looked like back when we first settled this Great Nation. I have read stories about Daniel Boone and some men digging boat loads and even losing a boat load in the Ohio river (what a shame). I bet the woods was just full of seng. Can you just picture that!! I think the demand will always out weigh the supply. So plant on!!

Re:What is the future of genseng? 14 years 1 month ago #3369

With 2 billion Chinese in the market for ginseng, I tend to agree, Huntndig.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Who's Online

We have 191 guests and no members online

Login