2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Smokey Mountain Money

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 6 months ago #31828

I'm wondering about the guy that took his sister and girlfriend digging with him. Does he not get enough punishment at home? The snakes , bee's, ticks and chiggers aren't sufficient torment?:woohoo:

Good luck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 6 months ago #31835

Not to mention burning your tent up with all your seng in it. Really hope they never come up with a reality show about us Iowa Diggers, ( I know these shows in no way portray my fellow Diggers from the east)

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 6 months ago #31842

I think two of the groups first three prong was the same threeprong .just like news people turn off the camera driving by a nice house then turn it back on to show a falling down dump to show how poor all mountain people are hollywood only shows the stereotypical dumb hillbilly

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #32069

These TV shows are going to kill us! I don't care if they are a bunch of fools like theses guys on this show, or some great well meaning people like Billy and his wonderful family. The publicity is bad for us! We'll see the results over the next few years in greatly reduced numbers due to people watching these shows and think they are going to get rich.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #32070

2nd year of the tv shows next year will be a record bust for ginseng poachers,more regulations and less ginseng in the woods i see the end of wild ginseng is coming fast they will outlaw all wild ginseng digging

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #32206

We'll also see lower prices from buyers due to this I expect.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33192

Anybody seen how redicolous this show has got the last couple of weeks. I may be wrong, but is it just me or have they been digging up dry seng roots out of the ground on the last couple episodes, last episode they said when it gets this far gone you have to just start digging up the ground and just try to find some roots and to beat it all it looked like he was in a laurel thicket and acted surprised he didn't dig anything up out of the ground, talk about finding a needle in a heystack. Also on one episode they dug the same poor old crooked stemmed 4 prong about 10 times, and the same roots have been dug over and over as well. And it drives me crazy every time they supposedly find a couple plants they go to saying this is a 5 pound honeyhole, or this is a 10 pound honeyhole. I know I shouldn't even be giving it my viewership, but just thought I'd throw some of my observations out there. I know it's just all about entertainment or nobody but us diggers would watch if it didn't throw all the drama in, because I know it would be a boring show if they followed me around, because in my 20 or so years of digging I have never been chased by bears or hogs, been snake bit or even bee stung, been lost, had a confrontation with other diggers, got hypothermia from being wet in the summer, or fell and have to be carried out of the woods. These are all things that have happened on the show and I know they are all things that could happen while seng hunting, but they make it out like this stuff happens every time they go in the woods.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33193

never seen this one but if its like the outlaw show its pure bullshit

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33194

I have a question for everyone, how many of you guys everytime you dig a root it is as big as the ones these guys are digging. I told my wife that the have to be digging plants that are either staged or in a planted patch. This is just crazy.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33195

I get excited when I dig one the size of the one I posted, if I am ever blessed with one like they show I may fall over with a heart attack.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and no members online

Login