2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Smokey Mountain Money

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33196

Them shows kinda remind me what it would be like if the three stooges went sanging,,,,,,,lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33197

These TV shows are going to kill us! I don't care if they are a bunch of fools like theses guys on this show, or some great well meaning people like Billy and his wonderful family. The publicity is bad for us! We'll see the results over the next few years in greatly reduced numbers due to people watching these shows and think they are going to get rich.

Maya, All it takes is one season and they'll figure out they won't get rich..:laugh: You have to love it to do it, and of course a little money for your time and effort is always nice. Most people will figure out they can make more money working part time somewhere for a month and a half than digging roots. Just let it run it's course and things will get back to normal..;)

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33198

Agreed....

I watched a few episodes of one last year but haven't wasted my time with them since. I would love to see a good documentary but if those shows were all I had to watch I would just let my gal have the remote.

Hillhopper

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33200

Laughing out loud ! :lol:

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 5 months ago #33205

only person thats real is buyer speedy rest all staged with bad actors to boot

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 4 months ago #33485

This is the other big problem with the first show App Outlaws coming out on History Channel last year, and now for a 2nd year. Any show that shows a little promise, all the other networks make their own hair-brained versions to put out also. Now there are 4 shows on cable about ginseng hunting.

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 4 months ago #33490

I noticed the roots they dug on the last couple episodes look dried to me lol

Re:Smokey Mountain Money 9 years 4 months ago #33504

One of the things I am very concerned about is security; for the work I've been doing.

Not sure what I'd do if I caught someone a'thievin...
And I don\"t really want to find out. I mean, I know I've got a temper... and I know I'm a really good shot... ahh, never mind.

My business partner and I are thinking about installing video surveillance, of the wireless type. Systems are expensive, however we will have real photos of the thief sent to our central hard drive, as well as our phones... in real time. Hard to beat that system, even if the thief stole the camera!

A friend told me that every time a raccoon or a deer crossed into the sensor view, that I would get a alert from the system. I can see where that would get old real quick. Maybe there's a way to set the system to filter out that sort of stuff.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 485 guests and no members online

Login