2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dumb question??

Dumb question?? 9 years 7 months ago #31442

Hey guys I was just sitting here thinking about tomorrow, getting out to look for more roots, and I had a thought I have asked about you guys about your drying preferences but what about after drying and while waiting for the best prices how do you store your ginseng to keep it fresh and safe from mold, critters and such? I hope I am not driving you guys crazy with my rookie questions I just want to make sure I am doing it the best possible way. Again I really appreciate all of your help and comments.

God bless and safe hunting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dumb question?? 9 years 7 months ago #31448

I always kept mine in a brown paper bag right in my dining room, out of the way where it won't get bumped, but away from sunlight. It should keep fine if it's fully dried.

Re:Dumb question?? 9 years 7 months ago #31468

One of the better ways to store dry ginseng for shorter periods is in the plastic storage containers you can find at Walmart and similar stores. I use the shoe box size for small amounts and the large 28qt size that is about 4\" tall for larger amounts. I can get almost five pounds in there depending on the roots of course, and they don't crush each other under their weight or when something bumps the bag.

Re:Dumb question?? 9 years 7 months ago #31479

Big help thanks guys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 646 guests and no members online

Login