2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My new ginseng buddy

My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34006

My faithful dog of 5 1/2 years passed away from a snake bite in the neck this summer. Never knew it would have been so hard to let a dog go and Its been lonesome in the woods ever since. Hopefully this pup will think as much of me as the last...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34007

My last dog was 1/2 pit and 1/2 mountain cur, she was a voracious varmint and tracking dog. She once ran a deer to exhaustion until it turned to face her almost in front of where I was parked on the 4 wheeler. They both ran at each other and she jumped and bit the doe at the base of its neck/top of chest area and got drug around 50 yards before she had to let go because that plug of the deer's hide tore out. She got cut up pretty bad afterwards due to the deer stomping the snot out of her. If she had another dog with her they would have gotten that deer. It was the damndest thing i had ever seen and to see the grit she had. Even though she was hurt pretty bad it never slowed her down or made her gun shy. A big boer coon hadnt a chance if she caught him out in the open, but that's another story I guess lol
Attachments:

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34008

This little fella is 1/2 lab,1/2 pit. We'll see how he turns out I guess, and maybe he will have a good long life... He's going to have plenty of ginseng to have to look after:)

Attachments:

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34009

Sorry for u loss hill. Your new buddy is cute I can see it now him laying there all cute then a poacher comes by thinking a what a cute dog then he lunges at um n get a good chunk of his rear pants lol.

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34010

sorry for your loss our boxer was bitten on the face by a black rattler we thought he wouldnt make it but after being treated by an emergancy vet he pulled thru and has no lasting effects it just wouldnt be the same in the woods without him i hope your new dog makes a good one for years to come

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34011

Hill,
I see a great buddy in the making. Nothing makes a better companion or a truer friend than a dog. They are your companions for life. My Lab goes on every hunting or planting trip that I do, and he brings me more pleasure than you can imagine. I hope your new one fills all of the void left from the one that has passed on. Keep making pictures of him and let us watch him grow with you. It probably won't be hard for him to find his first ginseng plant. :laugh:
Good luck with him as he grows.

Hugh

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34012

Well said Hugh. Sorry Hill, it's like losing a family member for sure. You new buddy sure is a great looking little fella. He looks full of life and curiosity. Great new memories to be made with him in the future for sure.
Latt

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34017

Thank ya, fellas.

Yes Latt, he shaping up to be an energetic lil dude.

Totally different relationship a man has with his dog. I don't know if anything can be as loyal and think as much of a man as his dog. Try putting your wife and dog in the garage for a day and come back to let them out and see which has the best reaction toward you....:laugh:

Hillhopper

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34025

It's always tough to lose a dog. I've never lost one where i didn't hurt about it.

the new pup looks real cute. Hope he'll be your new best friend, and turns out real good.

I imagine that you took care of that damn snake...

Re:My new ginseng buddy 9 years 4 months ago #34029

That's ashame Hillhopper. What kind of snake was it if you don't mind me asking. We have a dog we'll be taking with us to NC so I'm trying to learn what we need to on guard for. Losing a dog is worse than loosing some family members. No ill intent meant, it's just a dog is man's best friend. A very difficult thing to loose your best friend.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Who's Online

We have 283 guests and no members online

Login