2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Been a heck of a year

Been a heck of a year 9 years 4 months ago #34055

Seems the ginseng season has come to a close for the most part. I've not seen many new posts on the boards.

I hope you all got a fair price for your root, and those who didn't do so well, hope you were able to learn something that will enable you to get better prices in the future.

When we all get caught up in the moment of doing business, its sometimes easy to forget what is really important and the reason we have Christmas in the first place.

I wish you all a most merry Christmas and incredibly productive new year!

b

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Been a heck of a year 9 years 4 months ago #34056

merry christmas to you as well b and everyone . yes its been a strange year that,s for sure next year doesnt look to promising but maybe things will turn around this year was better then 2008 atleast or 2001 or 96 guess ever good run has a bad run so if this is are bad run then the next good run should be the best ever

Re:Been a heck of a year 9 years 4 months ago #34057

Merry Christmas! I'm not sure what the numbers were here in Vt., but I'd bet they were way up. Next year we go from a minimum of 5 years old to 10. How do you think your states did overall?

Hopefully everyone will have a great year, next year!

Re:Been a heck of a year 9 years 3 months ago #34065

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.
Maya, That 10 year age limit I think is a good thing but a lot of people won't agree.
It won't affect you anyway because you only dig the nice older roots.
The numbers on lbs. of harvest was probably up this year in KY. and as Leebros stated I really don't think next years prices are going to be any better than this year.

Here's another thing harvesters need to think about. If other states follow suit on the 10 year age limit and they are still holding seng from this year they better get a weight receipt so they can sell it next season!

Re:Been a heck of a year 9 years 3 months ago #34066

Ya your probably right rootman, but if people want to get paid better they just can't keep doin what they are doin and just whine that it should be better.

Re:Been a heck of a year 9 years 2 months ago #34283

I can't comment for all, but in my area a 5 year old root is legal, but every one I've seen are way too small to be dug. I personally will welcome the 10 year law if it ever comes to PA.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 404 guests and no members online

Login