Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34265

/Users/PeteMoore/Downloads/IMG_0341.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34266

Attachments:

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34267

The roots have been dried for over a year and they most likely were not dried correctly. I did the best I could to get these photos on the net. Hope someone can help me find out California rules on harvesting this stuff.

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34268

Steel,
I know that you really have your hopes up and I don't want to deflate you to the point of discouraging you about finding ginseng some time in the future. Did you look at any pictures of ginseng to compare them after finding this plant? We have had several instances of people finding plants they thought were ginseng , only to be let down. I don' know what the name of the plant is in the pictures, but it is not Panax Ginseng or Ginseng Quenquefolius. I'm going to insert a picture of American Ginseng so that you can see the difference.

Hugh
Attachments:

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34269

Steel,
That's not ginseng. You should be looking down towards the forest floor for seng, not up!

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34272

Steel,
Your email never came through but i see you managed to upload your pics.
I'll have to confirm the other's opinions and I'm sorry to say it isn't ginseng. I can't identify that plant for I have never seen it before. It probably isn't native to our area. Sorry, my friend, I would have loved to see ginseng that large also.

Hillhopper

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34274

I want to thank you guy's for helping on this matter. All the best.

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34297

angelica or devils walking stick a cousin to ginseng i think but not ginseng sorry

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34298

For shits and giggles I am going to take a root to a dealer to make sure it is not Ginseng. The owner says it is and that the Chinese brought it in in the 1800. They were brought in to dig up the gold and they had a camp set up in this area. I can guarantee you it is not devils walking stick and it is not Angelica. No matter what it is I will let you all know. Thanks again.

Re:New to forum, need advice 9 years 2 months ago #34299

The Chinese use a lot of different herbs but what you are showing is definetley not ginseng. Period!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 449 guests and no members online

Login