2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #34926

Below is a pic showing one of those smallies and you can see the river I was fishing in the background.

We are blessed for sure to have good places like this to fish and fine sports like this to get out and enjoy.

PS.. I caught all of these again on the baby paca craw. I was using a punkin seed color that has red flakes in it.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #34927

TNhunter wrote:

Below is a pic showing one of those smallies and you can see the river I was fishing in the background.

We are blessed for sure to have good places like this to fish and fine sports like this to get out and enjoy.

PS.. I caught all of these again on the baby paca craw. I was using a punkin seed color that has red flakes in it.

TNhunter

Dang, your rollin! Yeah, the punkin seed color works very well for me as well. I'll have to get some of those baby paca craws though.

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #34956

Nice lookin' fish.....strong and healthy....and great tastin'.....congrats!!

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #35084

Both last Saturday and this Saturday... the creek was up about a foot... which makes for hard fishing, and not many bites.

I managed to catch 1 smallie and 2 black perch last Saturday on a long stretch of creek. Then this morning I caught 6 black perch.

Just had another fine fish (early) dinner.

I will be glad when all this rain slows down some and the creeks and river gets more stable.

I have nothing planted in my garden yet except some greens, chard, kale, collards, spinach and some parsley. It is getting near big enough to eat now.

I have some tomatoes ready to go in and some squash, but it's been too wet to work the dirt the past couple weeks. Hopefully it will dry out some day soon.

TNhunter

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #35094

same thing here every time the water gets almost right it floods again ive not got to fish the river since january still ive caught lots of farm pond,and creek bass .good luck with the garden i gave up on that got tired of feeding the deer

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #35264

Well.. more and more rain and on Saturday the creek was up again.

I have been hearing a couple of gobblers back behind my house and decided Saturday morning to let the fish rest and go for some turkey.

I had this Monday off too, a long weekend.

Saturday morning, it had rained all night, but quit a little after daylight.

I got this nice Tom... 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs.

He looks a little ruf... cause when I shot him, he flopped down the hill and then went over a 100' bluff and ended up in the creek. A wet gobbler that has been toted out in my turkey vest compartment, looks a little ragged.

We had turkey for dinner this evening... Nice stuff !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 11 months ago #35265

Then yesterday evening.. just before dark I heard one gobbling on the ridge across the big hollow from my house... i knew right where he was at roosting time, which is ideal for turkey hunting the next morning.

I got this one this morning... and there was another gobbler with him just as big... they gobbled a couple hundred times at least, what a sound !

This one had a 11 inch beard and 15/16 inch spurs.

He looks a little better since he stayed dry.

Between the fish and the turkey this spring, we are eaating good. We have been blessed !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 8 years 10 months ago #35267

Nice gobblers TN. Man, i want to come to your place to eat! Wild or home raised turkey is the best.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login