2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fungicide

Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34971

I am new to the board, but have been growing my own sang for years. Last year I had a sever issue with what appears to be Alteria blight and possible root rot in the bed I use for producing seeds. I have found fungicides that can be used on the web, but I cannot find where to buy them. Do any of you know where I can find the fungicides below or possible alternatives? Thank you, Matthew.

For the Phytophthora Leaf Blight and rot:
Aliette - 80% fosety-al (cannot be used with copper compounds)
or
Ridomil Gold GR or Ridomil 2E

For Alternaria Leaf Blight
Rovral (iprodione)
Alternative: Champion Wettable powder, Dithane DF, Kocide 101, Kocide DF, Kocide LF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34972

I would recommend both of those (depending on label/state of course) for Phythopthora. I would suggest Aliette over Ridomil. Also, you can only apply Ridomil three or maybe four times per season. So use Aliette, and in a week Ridomil...and if the problem persists go back with Aliette again.

Normally, for small volume purchases like most ginseng growers on our scale are, you will need to find a small equity or feed mill type of place that is willing to order a single package. Most of the bigger places will not break cases. I think Aliette is four bags per case and anywhere from $90-135.

Sometimes you can find stuff online (ebay, amazon, etc).

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34973

I talked to an old timer a few weeks back he suggested a dithane/captan mix with a few drops of antibacterial ivory dish soap has worked for him 25+ years of growing. Also I brought up r ridomil he said also that's good but its pricy 80 bucks a bottle he suggested the dithane/ captan mix and only if needed use ridomil summer application and if you need another switch back to r idomil/captan back and forth etc.. I have never use anything for my ginseng in the woods but ran out of room and opened up 1 acre this year for seed production in raised beds so will see. Scott Persons ginseng book is a good read it mentions your concerns the books 30 bucks on ebay. I spent 25 dollars for what I need this year and one bottle of ridomil if needed in summer 80.00

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34975

80 bucks is a good price. The best that I found is $129 on ebay. Can you tell me where you found it for 80?

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34976

I was searching the web and found it called paid over the phone ill try to hunt down the site..

I lied i paid 80 for kocide the ridomil I paid 121.00

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #34989

I ordered 1 pint of Ridomil $121 and 5 pounds of Aliette $89. Can you please recommend a dosage for each?

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #35003

All I can say without info in front of me, is to follow the label directions. If memory serves, I think the rate is 5lbs per acre in 100 gallons minimum of water. You have to just work it down from there...unless you can find someone who has already done that for you and made it available someplace on the web... *cough*

Re:Fungicide 9 years 1 week ago #35009

I get your drift. Thanks sysbee and BCastle!

Re:Fungicide 9 years 6 days ago #35027

Anybody ever heard of this or had expierence with it? It's a form of biodynamic farming. It's using live virus and bacterias. All natural, no chemicals.

www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ging1.html

Re:Fungicide 9 years 5 days ago #35033

I proposed a study on that product at one point but couldn't get the funding.

It looks like a very good product for ginseng. The only issue I have is on wild simulated or woodsgrown, the extra root hairs will detract from the prices you receive.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online

We have 352 guests and no members online

Login