2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fungicide

Re:Fungicide 8 years 11 months ago #35193

Organic try neem oil mix with liquid antibacterial soap to help it stick this has been a great item for me 15+ years kills all stages of bugs.bacteria

Also controls fungicide and bacteria includes black spot...rust...scab...powdery mildew...Botrytis...some blight....alternaria....Downey mildew.....leaf spot.....go by directions on bottlebecause ginseng plants are in a shaded environment you can use a little bit more liquid concentrate because it's not exposed to extreme sunlight it won't hurt to the plant leaves

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fungicide 8 years 11 months ago #35195

Sysbee: How much of both per gallon?

Re:Fungicide 8 years 11 months ago #35226

These are great pic's. So far, I have not seen any of these little sucka's in the mountains! i do, however, have them here in my garden's at home...

i would like to try this neem oil. are there any local chains, like Lowes Home improvement, or Home depo that carry them?

Re:Fungicide 8 years 11 months ago #35234

Usually mom and pop hardware stores have it ..worst case check ebay sellers carry a 70% i believe $15 a bottle works good mix a little dish soap to get the oil to stick and use warm water I don't like it for full sun plants but ginseng being shaded is perfect

Re:Fungicide 8 years 11 months ago #35237

Whitjr, Sysbee is right. You will be able to find it in pint containers in small stores. Around 10 bucks. Funky smelling stuff. My wife and I use it on our farm in FL. It doesn't work good on hard shelled bugs. Like stink bugs and potatoe beetles. Good product though on other issues like Sysbee said.

Re:Fungicide 8 years 9 months ago #35691

Hillhopper,
Those things will eat almost any plant that has a relatively soft stem and produces a berry or fruit. Yesterday I spent about 3 hours in the woods looking for them, it only took about 5 minutes for me to find some, the first ones that I found were nestled on my false unicorn plants, the next ones I found were at the Base of some goldenseal berries, and they were also present on my ginseng, my bloodroot has already dispersed their seed,so none was found there, I think that bloodroot may be relatively safe from these critters do to their early seed development. I continued to look and found them on mayapple plants,wild blackberry plants. Just out of couriosity I checked some Virginia creeper and found some on there as well, In growing wild simulated ginseng you are out of luck on pesticides but there are natural ways to combat these bugs, think about the food chain what would like to munch on these creatures? Spiders,praying mantis and the great aphid slayer...the common lady bug.
Http://www.harvesttotable.com/2012/07/lady-beetle-beneficial-insect/

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and no members online

Login