* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Illinois ginseng

Re:Illinois ginseng 8 years 10 months ago #35718

sang.ocd wrote:

I'm not too far from you. I sold a few roots to Darwin in the last few years. Glad your patch is looking good too. sand.ocd

.....Darwins a good guy.sold a lot of root to him over the years..just couldnt get him to bid up this year though...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois ginseng 8 years 10 months ago #35719

sang.ocd,

Nice, healthy, very green thick leafed ginseng. Sometimes a few weeds and other plants helps to wick away the moisture in the ground which is a good thing. Especially in low lying areas.

Re:Illinois ginseng 8 years 9 months ago #36313

Hello this is my first year as a harvester. This is actually my first post on this site as well. I figured I would
say hello to some fellow Illinoians that are in the hobby. I have been looking around a lot lately and have
found some patch's here locally as well as on family property. I am having some what of a hard time identifying
some of it where I am located here in north central area. I see some that look to be Ginseng, but not to sure
so I am waiting to see if the berries sprout out soon or not. I do know I located a great patch I think on the family
property and cant wait to dig it. I have been looking for pictures of what the stem its self looks like as well not just the leaves. I am excited for sure and cant wait to get going. My great grand parents did it and so on down the line. So I
decide to give it a try finally. Anyhow hope ya have a great season guys!

Re:Illinois ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #36317

Welcome Rewire. If I can get these pictures to post, I will post some pictures I took yesterday of the stems.
Attachments:

Re:Illinois ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #36318

If this is your first year harvesting, always remember to plant the seeds and leave some of the big plants for next year. I looks like the berries may be a little late ripening this year.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 529 guests and no members online

Login