2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selling some of the first peaches a little differently

Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35829

It had been 3 years since I grew the peaches at my house and I had not pruned the trees in that time. I had originally planned to let the orchard grow up and I even planted it in ginseng this past Fall. I made a decision this late winter to go ahead and grow the fruit one more season and the trees were so tall that I could not prune some of them. That left them so tall that I could not spray them properly either and the finish left a little to be desired. After looking at the ripening fruit I decided to just freeze the blemished ones and here is a picture or two showing where I have brought them in and cleaned them up for freezing. I have two tables full and I work them up and replace them every morning. This gives customers peaches that are ready to store or make cobblers and pies with at the time they choose during the year. It's a little different method of selling than what I've been used to doing.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35831

I hope this gives some ideas to go with your fruit or gardens.

Hugh
Attachments:

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35837

Hugh, those are making me hungry. Love peaches. I had no idea how good peaches are for you too. I looked up their benefits and found this on line.

www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274620.php

Latt

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35841

Latt,
This one of the most informative sites that I have seen about the health benefits of peaches. It's been several years since I've read about studies that were done on them. After looking over that site I'll have to say that you may have saved or extended someone's life by attaching this link. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and it's good to know about the extra benefits they offer.

Hugh

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35842

Great job Hugh! :)

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35843

Beautiful peaches Mr. Hugh. What strain are those? That should hold you for pies and jams for a while. I did not realize the time that had to be spent every year pruning peach trees. Are the peach trees supposed to be pruned while still dormant?

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35844

Gareth,
The name of this peach is \"The Early8Ball\". It was developed by Paul Friday from Coloma, Michigan. It is a part of the \"Flamin Fury\" series that he developed a few years ago. I've never really like that name for roadside stand sells purposes so I call it the Scarlet Jewel. That sounds a little tastier :cheer:

It is true that the peach tree requires pruning every year to produce quality fruit and to keep the tree good and strong. I'm sure that Maya understands that principal and has to use it every year.

Hugh

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35847

I have 10 peach trees and 5 green gauge plum trees, 2 nectarine trees 4 early ripe persimmon trees and its all the work I want to do ....

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35866

Haha, I understand Mr. Hugh. I could see that sign now, \"Flamin Fury for sale\"! It sounds like how I feel when I hear what our nations leaders do!! Thanks for clarifying the pruning. How do commercial farmers prune? Man, that would take some time pruning hundreds of trees.

Re:Selling some of the first peaches a little differently 8 years 9 months ago #35868

Nice looking Peachee Hugh.

Making me hungry too.. Now I got to go check my tree and see if any are ready.

Ps.. it is nice when something that taste so good is actually good for you.

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 636 guests and no members online

Login