2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35944

How does the name \"Tennessee Jewel\" sound for this beauty?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35951

What do you use for ground maintenance Hugh? I've had a Reliance in the ground for 3 years, not growing much!

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35952

I like that name Hugh... and love the color on those peaches.

I picked my first ripe ones the past 2-3 days... and getting lots of blackberries now too... and my first 2-3 red ripe home grown tomatoes.

Got to love this time of year.

Maya... I have a Reliance Peach tree that has been an excellent producer.... very good quality peaches. Except the past two years... last year I only got 1 peach off it, and this year it might have 20 on it... but that is from bad timing on late frost, not much you can do about that.

For a few years prior to that it has been loaded with fruit. It is a good looking and healthy tree too.

TNhunter

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35953

Maya,
I used Paraquat for years, but it became a restricted use Weed Killer and I switched to Round Up. I did a spray last Fall to prepare for planting ginseng and it lasted all summer this year because the summer was so dry and hot. I just spray in the rows and mow the centers with a zero turn mower.
Maya, you need to buy a Contender Peach Tree. It will do as good as the Reliance up there and it has great peaches. If it gets down to -25 or 30 below I don't know if it will make it or not.

TN, thanks for the comment on the color of the peach. I love that deep scarlet color. It sounds like the rest of the summer will be busy for you.

Hugh

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35959

Great looking tree Mr. Hugh. If you created this tree and there are no others, patten the strain. Its a beautiful tree and structure. looks very solid with the main stalk. Peaches are dark in color, looks wonderful. Will there be any left in 2 weeks or so?

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35960

Thanks Gareth,
I wish I could say there will be some, but two weeks is about the life cycle of a peach variety. There will be others. I contacted Stark Bros. last night.

Hugh

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35974

Thats ashame there wont be any left in a couple weeks. Who is stark brothers Mr. Hugh? I'm not familiar with that name. You said 2 weeks is the life cycle of a peach. With the heat lately, I'm sure its difficult to hold any fruit. You guys have been very hot also this summer. Is this common or not? I looked at a weather report and its in the 90's in the mountains.

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35975

Gareth,
Stark Bros. is one of the oldest businesses in the United States. It is a large nursery in Missouri. I bought many trees from them in my earlier years. Sometimes they buy exceptional plants or trees and propagate them commercially.

Yep, it has been exceptionally hot here in Tn. this summer. It seems to have started earlier than usual. This makes very sweet peaches.

Hugh

Re:A lot of pictures--but not ginseng--Scroll to the top to start 8 years 9 months ago #35991

OK, I'll check them out. Hopefully you can get somewhere with them with this strain. Great idea. Our summer started earlier than normal too. The west coast also all the way up to Washington.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 336 guests and no members online

Login