2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Orchard pics!

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38658

plumbs, peaches,nectarines ..all rotted on the limb..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38659

I had quite a few plums on one tree and zero on the other.. well it had a few early on but they dropped before getting full size.

We had a few long stretches of dry spells late may and June...

But from that one plum tree I ate a bunch, and we made several pints of plum freezer jam.

This past weekend, we put up the last of the plums in freezer jam, and I harvested all of the peaches from my early elberta and we had some cobbler and put up a bunch of freezer jam from those.

I also harvested all of my ambrosia sweet corn this weekend and put it all up.. and had a good first picking from my green beans and put those up too.

I picked a gallon of blackberries this weekend too and we made freezer jam out of them and a blackberry cobbler.

Getting the freezer and pantry full of good stuff.

Got a LOT of tomatoes, eating several a day now. I like them for breakfast, lunch and dinner :-)

We will soon have enough of those to start canning them too. I make a lot of homemade soups and my wife makes some really good chili and we will eat those canned tomatoes as long as they will last.

Chief - hate to hear about your crop failure. Perhaps you can get some from a local farmers market or direct from some farmers in your area that had better luck.

TNHunter

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38663

TN,it was sad to see all of it rot,my trees were loaded this year..they have a chemical called Capaitin I can treat the trees with ,sure wished I had used it early this spring...

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38664

Chieftain wrote:

TN,it was sad to see all of it rot,my trees were loaded this year..they have a chemical called Capaitin I can treat the trees with ,sure wished I had used it early this spring...

Captan WP50 will definitely help if used regularly starting at about half inch green and spray at 7-10 day intervals or 2\" of rain thru June. (Read and follow label directions though). :)

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38666

Thanks Maya

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38691

Mid season check. Macs...
Attachments:

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38692

Honeycrisp...
Attachments:

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38694

looking good

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38702

This past weekend I put up more green beans (second picking) and another gallon of blackberries (part in freezer jam, part just frozen berries) and I have the kitchen bar top covered in big red maters... going to can some tonight.

My early elberta peach tree is finished now, all harvested, and a lot ate and made into peach freezer jam.

My second peach tree (Reliance) is loaded up with even more peaches and they are getting close to being right for picking.

My sweet corn is all done, harvested, in the freezer now.

Squash has played out, greens are all buggy now... time to pull them up and prep a site for a fall patch.

About all I have left going in the garden is Tomatoes (got a bunch on the vine, will be canning those for the next few weeks), and will probably get another harvest or two off my green beans.

I saw a red leaf on a sour wood tree this weekend... that first early sign that fall (and seng hunting) is on it's way.

Check out my old reliance peach tree (bending branches) :-)

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:Orchard pics! 7 years 8 months ago #38704

Wow TN, Looks like quite a few bushel there! I got a Reliance for my wife a few years ago. I'm expecting its first crop next year. This is a look down a row between some Macintosh. They were the most affected by a cold snap during early April. We probably lost 75% of the Macs. We might have 50 bushel or so of them this year.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and no members online

Login