Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng dealers association

Ginseng dealers association 15 years 5 months ago #688

• Marty
  • Marty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please give feed back on forming an association of ginseng dealers in the United States. This would be an effort to organize us as collectors, to insure the best price in this market. As a group I feel we could better manage the price here in the United States, therefore we would all benefit when it came to setting the price over seas. Is this something anyone wants to get envolved in? I purchased the domain site of www.usgda.org (United States Ginseng Dealers Association)
this morning. I am open to all thoughts on this. Thanks,
Marty Dobbs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 5 months ago #691

I think it's good idea...

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 5 months ago #692

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think an all around association is fine but a dealers association. Please, that would really put the screws to all the diggers.

The dealers would all set a low price and thier by profiting more than ever.

This is just my opinion.

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 5 months ago #694

• Marty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This would be an \"all around association\" The association would acknowledge dealers, growers and collectors as one. The goal would be not to put screws to anyone, only to protect and aid all members. I really consider myself as all three. I dig, therefore I grow, therefore I deal. Thanks for the thoughts. keep them coming!

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 5 months ago #698

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Marty, if this would be an association to bring all together,ginseng dealers, collectors, and diggers together. I think maybe under one big roof, that would work for everyone.

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #952

• Mel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
it sounds like a good idea to me .But would this association be linked to other countries .I am based in England .I have the devil of a time to get a reliable grower/digger exporter that supplies quality roots for planting
I think to be able to contact an association with with a list of sellers and standards would be good
Mel

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #953

• Marty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mel,
The association would be linked to other countries as much as possible. Anything that could be done to bring dealers, growers and diggers together would only help us all. The seperation of the three just don't make much sense to me. I see this site as a place for people that are interested in shareing information concering ginseng. If the USGDA could make contact with another Association or member in another country.....great. A list of contacts such as sellers and standards would be one of the objectives. Alot of this information can be found on the web from sites such as this, but once people become organised at one central location there would be more controll over the price, which is what is the main concern. I did not get the response as I had wished, so therefor I have not done much with it. I would love to take it to the next level.
Thanks,
Marty

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #961

Marty, are you planning a web site? What is the next level you are mentioning?

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #964

Marty sounds like a great idea,anything we diggers could do to help get this kicked off?

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #968

• Marty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey guys,
If this is something we would like start, here are a few thoughts. First and foremost my involvement would only be for the advancement and betterment of the gineng trade. ANYBODY can jump in at anytime. Nothing is free, so of course there would be money needed to form this. This money would be generated by memberships. We would need enough money to carry us thru the first year of operation. A non-profit (tax-exempt) status would need to be filed.(501-c), board of directors would need to be established and a misssion statement would need to be adopted. I think a web site is very important because it will serve as a \"homebase\". This would be the biggest cost, to have a site that would serve all who visit could run as high as $100 per month. I do think if this was a nice site, (educational) in the long run it could pay for it self thru advertisement.
OK guys, what next?
Marty
www.usgda.org

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 640 guests and no members online

Login