• Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng dealers association

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #969

• Mel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
I just thought I would share a few ideas with you

First things first ,what are the actual start up costs .

How would you increase membership .I have found ginseng growers /dealers a secretive lot .

Perhaps finance from other institutions might be worth looking into .

What about outlining your ideas on a freewebsite. You can hammer out details on the page layouts to see how the pay for view site would look

Mel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #970

• Marty
  • Marty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I did a little more foot work on this. All interested go to the www.usgda.org web site. If someone on this site wants to get in and be the treasurer, send yourself 30 bucks and jump in, and I'll send you mine.
Lets do this, I think it could only help us. Again I stress, I see dealers and diggers as one.

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #971

Marty, I think your idea is ok but you need to explain what your plan is before you start asking for 30 dollar membership fees.People want to know what they are investing in.We diggers are from many differant states and all states have differant Ginseng laws. If I knew what your goal is and if it is something worth while I would be willing to get involved.You got to have a plan and lay it out on the table {your web site).

Re:Ginseng dealers association 15 years 4 months ago #988

• mel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
huntndig, I am interested to know, for argument sake .When Marty has got the association web page running how every one would visualise the set up
The last thing diggers want is an association that could put pressure on prices and vice versa
I think we have to ask ourselves who buys ginseng and why. With members all over the states Meeting would be difficult.
I have to as the question, should buyers, really have access to the same information as diggers .
Would there not have to be an open forum initially for first contact, Something like this site and then a more discrete section, with layers of access, that you could buy into with lists of diggers; growers, exporters and buyers and prices for buying and selling.
I would be interested in everyone?s thoughts I can only really look at the problems from a buyer?s perspective
Mel

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 474 guests and no members online

Login