2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: books on ginseng

books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #6895

Can anyone recomend a good book or two on growing and digging ginseng? I would like to get started hunting wild ginseng next year and planting some seed along the way. I am a total beginer.Even though I seen it in the woods around while deer hunting and can identify it. I have never dug any. I would like to learn more about it and start a new hobby. Gives me another excuse to be in the woods and make a dollar or two.:lol: I have aready learned a thing or two on this website. A lot of info! Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #6898

archer

Welcome

By far the best book on Growing Ginseng is:

Growing and Marketing Ginseng & Other Woodland Medicinals. By Scott Persons. It has about 210 pgs just about growing ginseng, planting, taking care of, harvesting and marketing. And 200+ pgs on other Medicinals.

I have been growing seng for 6 years and would be lost without Scotts book!

Another book that is all Ginseng is:

Ginseng, How to find, Grow,and use Americas Forest Gold By Kim Derek Pritts

This book has a little about hunting seng, but is mostly on growing.

Good luck and have Fun doing It!

classicfur

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #6912

Thanks classicfur! I checked the local bookstore and they didn't have anything on ginseng. I will look online to see who has those books that I can order from.

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #7040

Hi
I just put in my first crop of wild simulated ginseng.I found the book by Bob Beyfuss helpfull.If you go here they will tell you how to order it. www.agroforestrycenter.org I think it costs about seven dollars

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #7042

Phil
Some where on line I printed off a copy of Bobs book for free.

I'll try to find that site.

Persons book is alot more up to date than Bob Beyfuss book.

classicfur

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #7055

classicfur
Persons book is far superior to Beyfuss'. Beyfuss is short sweet and to the point. It is a very good place to start and to cross reference with Persons.Beyfuss' is more a pamphlet than a book.
I own Befuss' and Persons I took a lot of books out of the library as well before I did any planting.
phil

Re:books on ginseng 13 years 5 months ago #7057

I have both books as well. But I printed Beyfuss book off the net for free several years ago. I have four Ginseng Growing books. Author's: Person, Pritts, Epler and Beyfuss. If I had to choose between all of them. Persons would be the one to keep. I also have Persons first book: American Ginseng, Green Gold. Thats a good book but not as up to date as his last book.

classicfur wrote:

archer

Welcome

By far the best book on Growing Ginseng is:

Growing and Marketing Ginseng & Other Woodland Medicinals. By Scott Persons. It has about 210 pgs just about growing ginseng, planting, taking care of, harvesting and marketing. And 200+ pgs on other Medicinals.

I have been growing seng for 6 years and would be lost without Scotts book!

Another book that is all Ginseng is:

Ginseng, How to find, Grow,and use Americas Forest Gold By Kim Derek Pritts

This book has a little about hunting seng, but is mostly on growing.

Good luck and have Fun doing It!

classicfur

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 344 guests and no members online

Login