Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng

Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #716

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey everyone I just like to look at Ginseng and we have had a great year.I took some nice photos and since my digging season is over hear for me I wanted to ask you all to share some of your photos and times in the Moutains this year :) I want to share 3 special things with you all that happened for me this year.

No# 1- I found a 10 leaf bunch with no forks,just a steam with 10 leaves and the root was over 1/2 ounce.That is rare because my friends that are older than me have never seen one and neither have I,to tell you the truth no one I have talked to has ever seen one,but maybe some of you have,anyway hear is a photo of it.

My 2nd photo will be my 1st ever 5 prong &
my 3rd will be the largest 2 prong I have ever saw over 14 inches high and leafs as big as an old umbrella top :)

Hope you all enjoy and share some of your memories this year with me.

Billy.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #722

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thats pretty cool. I would have walked right past that 10 leafer. got pics of that 2 pronger? I didnt carry my camera with me this year or last due to not really thinking I would be involved with a forum like this one. But next year I will diffenately will. I will take a pic of my biggest root this year (soon). It is now dry but it was 2.7 onces green, now about 1 or 1.5 onces dry. Thing was that I picked that root 1 week after I digged one 2 feet from it. Just went back and....bam! Just shows ya you can go back on exact tracts and find just as much a 2nd time. Also, dug a root with 6 stems coming up from it, and each stem had 2 prongs. But of course, I didnt take a pic and throw the plant away after showing my wife. Thanks.

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #723

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Sangman I think the reason I found that 10 leafer myself because there was a 3 prong on the left and the right of it around 2 to 3 foot either way,and as I was ready to leave that spot my eye just caught it and ohnestly I did not think it was seng untill I inspected closer and had to dig and see,what was something was the size of the root the top was only about 6 to 7 inches high with a 1/2 ounce root,,go figure.

I sure do have a pic of that huge 2 prong I will post it here.My son Caleb is 9 years old.This year he wanted to learn to Seng with me and was I ever tickled.He carryed a bunch around with him the 1st few days and then he had it.Well about 4 weeks ago we where hunting together and he squaled Daddy what a 2 prong.I was like o hes found a prety nice bunch,but when I went over to him I could understand his excitement.

This bunch had a root near 3/4 of an ounce and had leaves as big as a huge 4 prong.Normaly we do not dig 2 prongs or even smaller 3 prongs.So he said dad can I dig this one and I said yes because the steam was large enough that I knew it was a mature root.

Well by his big smile and this pic you will understand the rest man I didnt know 2 prongs could be that big LoL.
Attachments:

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #724

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Also here is the 1st 5 prong I have ever dug.I have a few friends that have dug a 5 prong before.Although it is a rare find,it is not as rare as the 10 leaf that so far no one has ever said to me they have saw or herd of one before.Nevertheless it was rare for me and a great find,my first.
Attachments:

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #725

Hey Billy,,,nice pics! Your leaves are so much bigger than the plants here in Minnesota. What state do you dig in. Good to see the boy getting in to it. I posted a couple of pics in one of Cheiftans postings. The yellow one with a few sun rays shining on it and the root with the Mountain Dew can were mine. Half the fun is taking a few cool pics and see what they look like on the computer. Can't wait till next September!!

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #726

nice plant's Billy and those were some beautiful plants you post Diggger.....

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 5 months ago #727

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks digger we live in Ky,and im going to see that picture :)

Thanks Chieftain ,have you ever saw a plant like the 10 leaf Chieftain I know you have been around and in Seng a good while ?

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #762

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wow! ! Never dug one myself, but I have seen a couple...the thing in common is the 3 leaf prong. Thanks for the pic.!

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #766

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gotta be proud of that boy! What a find!

Re:Share a Photo of our wild Ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #777

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Guys yea that boys a fine lad for sure :)

Hear is another bunch I found this year.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 317 guests and no members online

Login