there was alittle upward movement on price here this week but not enough to talk about.......thats where they have got us in this state ..no hold overs'....can you imagine if they told farmers they had to sell their harvest by a certain date....
chieftain, I don't think that law is right,especially when what I dig is on family owned property.If price does not get better this year I will call the DNR and see if I can get a premit to hold my seng till next season. I hope that can work.Have you ever asked the DNR before for a hold over premit?
Re:Decided I am not selling this year......
9 years 2 months ago #876
hello i have 3 pds dryed and im not giveing my gingsang away the price here in tennessee is from 200/250 for dry i will keep it till next yr or i will eat it if we diggers dont stick togeather we should just quit diggin after last yrs prices thier trying to get it for free this yr ,so hold it and if you have two next yr hold it again we all should make good off of it even the buyers but they shouldnt try to rob us just because they think you have to have the money ive been told buy a buyer in ga that the only reason their buying is to help people out they are paying 200 a pd dry it sounds like their sticking one in and breaking it off .i say noway will they get mine so tell all your freinds we may not be able to sell this yr but they will begg for it one day and the price will be right good luck to everyone with their sang p.s i dont digg for a living i dig because i love the thrill of it and i love to see those big red berrys up the side of that hiil yours truely coondog
Tony I am from Tennessee too and I am not selling for nothing. How are you planning on keeping your ginseng if it does not go higher? Just in a cardboard box or I was told to freeze it. Let me know
I would also like to know about freezing root? Has anybody lost weight by just storing it in a paper bag or box for a year or more? Not sure what to believe on this subject,I would be thankful for feedback!