2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rotten Weather

Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8619

Here in South Central Indiana, we're getting slammed by some terrible weather. I know several regular posters on here live in states that are in the path of this current storm, so I know I'm not alone in my misery. Right now, we're not getting snow. We're getting freezing rain and ice. I would much rather have snow than ice, but there's not much I can do about it. All I know is that I like to stay active, and I'm getting cabin fever already. Where I live, almost exactly on Memorial Day, Mother Nature flips a switch and the weather goes from pleasant to down right hot. I have a 15 week count down going to reach that day. Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8620

Jacquo

I hear ya!

With my shoulder on the mend, I can't even be too active out in the beautiful snow. So I sure have cabin feaver real bad! We are expected to get about a foot of snow from that same storm your talking about. I figure about 15 long long weeks until all my seng starts jumping out of the ground to enjoy the good months ahead. I look forward to seeing them again.

classicfur

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8622

Classicfur, I hope your arm is healing nicely. It stinks that you are limited in your activity, but at least you're mending during the Winter months when things are slower.

I'm know I'm not alone, but the weather here is awful. We had no snow this go around, but ice has sure made its presence known. We lost power for three hours yesterday evening, it came back on for an hour or two, then went back out for another few hours, and finally came back on late last night. Now the wind is blowing around 40 miles an hour. The good news is that the wind blew a lot of the rain off the road before it froze, so the roads aren't that bad. I'll probably have limbs down everywhere once the sun comes up. Oh well, warmer days are on the horizon. Hope everyone out there is staying warm.

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8623

Same here in Ohio. 1 inch of ice on the roads and I am getting ready to go cut up some trees and limbs. Oh well I guess I will have some new firewood. We are off school today so I am off too. I know we are all ready for spring.
Be safe everyone.
Latt

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8624

We didn't get any ice here in TN but it's turned off cold and the wind will cut you in two. Im headed to Texarkana on a hog hunt tomorrow, hoping for better and warmer weather down there.

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8625

Hillhoper,
Sounds like good time. How many dogs you guys use?
Latt

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8626

Latt,
we are in Memphis headed that way now. usually 3 or 4 bey dogs and 1 pit to catch em but we'll have 2 sets since there is about nine of us to hunt tomorrow and Saturday and figure they are gonna get wore out or hurt.

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8627

Heck yeah man, that is great. Let me know how you do! I am hoping to put one or more on the ground here soon myself. I will take photos if that happens. No matter what some things are going to die ;) .

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8634

We all had a big time in Texas hog huntin. I expected us to get a few more than we did but the dogs couldn't track the pigs in all the snow. We woke up Friday mornin with six inches on the ground. Thank god on Saturday they jumped a bunch that was all layed up together. I'll load up some pics when I get home tomorrow.

Re:Rotten Weather 13 years 1 month ago #8643

It's hard to look at regular huntin the same way after wadin in amongst a pack of dogs tearin a hog up and knifing em in the heart. It's a rush like no other. This one put up a darn good fight. The dogs caught him in a gulley about 5ft deep and about 6ft wide, a perfect spot for the dogs or us to have gotten hurt but he had 2 catch dogs on him and 4 more bey dogs with a good grip as well. Any less and I feel like there would have been a bunch of dogs needing to be stapled up.

classicfur,
Do you ever get a chance to mount any of these up your way?
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 389 guests and no members online

Login