2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do you go about asking permission on other's properties to dig?

How do you go about asking permission on other's properties to dig? 13 years 1 week ago #8928

Hi,

How do you go about asking permission to hunt and dig on other people's properties, when everything is so secretive? I have never heard anyone in my life talk about ginseng around here, but I know it's here, how do I keep this a secret?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How do you go about asking permission on other's properties to dig? 13 years 1 week ago #8931

I wrote a little about this in past post just not sure where it was. Be polite,friendly,and above all honest.If you do get premission to hunt on someones private property treat it with respect,do not leave litter behind and give the owner an apple pie for the favor. good luck!

Re:How do you go about asking permission on other's properties to dig? 13 years 1 week ago #8933

alarson,

I talk about ginseng with friends at Church and at other friends and family members too. Tell them how much I enjoy hunting, explain how it's done, and when it comes to getting folks interested, mentioning that we sold our seng for 700.00/lb last year helps too :-)

Spend a little time like that talking it up and focus on guys that hunt wild game - deer, turkeys, etc (and have land to hunt on - they either own or lease).

I offer to go with them on their property and show them how it's done. If they are interested in growing seng I tell them that I will gladly offer advice on where to plant, how to plant, etc.

I had 3 different takers on that last year and had some real good seng hunting trips as a result. I have a couple more new places lined up this year by doing the same.

I always suggest that we split what we find 50/50 and when teaching someone like that I usually find 95% of it, but then gladly split it 50/50.

I also offer land owners a 50/50 split even if they don't want to go seng hunting with me but will let me hunt on their property.

Good Luck getting some hunting spots lined up.

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 677 guests and no members online

Login