* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: WILD HYDRANGEA

WILD HYDRANGEA 12 years 5 months ago #14515

SORRY guys not much on spelling I just i spent more time in the hills then in school. I meant hydrangea.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WILD HYDRANGEA 12 years 5 months ago #14688

I considered it a couple of years ago when it was up to $2 a pound but figured it would be too much like hard work. There is a wooded hillside here where it grows basically along the roadside ditch for about a quarter mile. Nothing but hydrangea. I thought about pulling a plow alongside my truck and then just going back and throwing all the roots in while somebody else pokes along in the truck. Just kidding about that.

What is the price per pound now anyway?

When it was $2 I was told it is normally more like 75 cents most years.

Re:WILD HYDRANGEA 12 years 5 months ago #14693

UKFan1996 I've been digging quite a bit of it lately around here it is 75 cents wet & 2.50 dry ,but you can dig a couple hundred pounds a day if you find the right spots like you are talking about. Where are u from anyways??? I'm from pike county, KY.

Re:WILD HYDRANGEA 12 years 5 months ago #14723

Taylor County here. Most of the land here is farmland. Every county that borders us has more woods than we do.

Do you have to chop up the hydrangea roots some after washing them?
Also, how much does poke root sell for now? I could harvest and clean a lot of it with little effort but it was only 50 cents a pound a few years back.

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 310 guests and no members online

Login