2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here.

Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4947

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bloodroot -

Bloodroot is used in herbal medicine in very small doses, mainly for bronchial problems and severe throat infections. The root is used in many pharmaceuticals, mixed with other compounds to treat heart problems, dental applications (to inhibit plaque), and to treat migraines. Bloodroot paste is used externally for skin diseases, warts, and tumors. For ringworm apply the fluid extract. Bloodroot is said to repel insects. The root is used in as an anesthetic, cathartic, emetic, emmenagogue, expectorant, diuretic, febrifuge, sedative, stimulant and tonic.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4949

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Cohosh

Cohosh is primarily used today for helping to treat and relieve symptoms associated with menopause. It has been found to be effective in reducing the occurrence and severity of hot flashes and night sweats. Black cohosh also works to decrease the incidence of migraines and prevent heart palpitations as well as diminish mood disturbances and vaginal dryness. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists stated in 2001 that black cohosh may be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes in the short-term. Most research conducted on the use of black cohosh has found it to be successful in relieving menopause and menstrual symptoms for periods of up to six months.

Attachments:

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4950

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Stoneroot -

Stone root is used as a diuretic in several OTC preparations that claim to treat edema, hypertension, and menstrual distress. The herb has also been reported as useful in treating headaches and indigestion.
Its main use is claimed to be for the treatment of diarrhea, hemorrhoids, and varicose veins. These claims are based on the herb's astringent properties.

Attachments:

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4953

I like those big bloodroots, I usually bring one or 2 home each trip out for planting along my hollars, gettin a good patch goin. Don't know why? lol. another plant I'm always toten home is the maidenhair fern.
Attachments:

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4954

Attachments:

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4955

I like this one too . Nice when they get big. Solomons Seal.
Attachments:

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 13 years 6 months ago #4968

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Those are realy nice pictures papa you have some very healthy looking plants.Some times we do not have to know why we do something,we just enjoy it.

Hey you never know bloodroot could shoot up any year to a nice prfit for a fellow with a good mature patch

t/f/s/ the pictures.

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 12 years 7 months ago #11962

Not sure that's stone root. I thought stone root and stinging nettles were the same thing, and that isn't stinging nettle.

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 12 years 7 months ago #11970

I havn't seen much bloodroot around here [piedmont of NC], however I have lots of stoneroot and the Black cohosh in my woods. Very little maidenhair fern, however se do have lots of regular fern, which is bigger and taller than the maiden hair.

Nice photos!

Re:Pictures I took of Other Plants in the Mountians around here. 12 years 7 months ago #11992

dont look anything like the stoneroot ive dug and sold, but stone root aint the one that stings ya, they kinda look alike though next time im in the woods ill take a pic of stoneroot

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Who's Online

We have 789 guests and no members online

Login