2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2012 Prices

2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19361

As of right now I'm paying $120 a pound for fresh wild ginseng. I can start buying dry on Sept 16th, and will post those prices closer to that time. My phone number is 740-260-3084. Thanks, Jeff Johnson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19372

hey 5 where r u from ur prices r better than what i can get here in ny was hopen u were in ny i usually dry my seng

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19378

what part of ohio are you from 5 prong

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19389

Hobler666shang wrote:

hey 5 where r u from ur prices r better than what i can get here in ny was hopen u were in ny i usually dry my seng

Not to hijack the thread, but Hobbler,where you from in NY?

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19392

im in gouverneur bout 30 miles north of watertown

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19401

Guys, I'm in Cambridge OH. Southeastern part of the state. There is pretty good ginseng around here, but it isn't as big on average as some of the mountain ginseng that I've seen, but has very good \"wild characteristic\". The price I've listed here is for wild Ohio Ginseng. I don't have a dealers license for any other states. I could possibly buy some certified root from other states, but prices will vary. Thanks for the inquirees - Jeff

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19403

Thxs 4 the reply I will c what u can do on prices I would certify if the price is rite n if u want it ive been really thinken bout getting my licence to cell out of state I dont have or know only one buyer here in NY thxs again Don (hobler)

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19529

Hi everyone,

I'll be looking to start buying the week of the 16th. Right now, it looks like the price will be around $450-480 dry depending on quality. Chunky, dark-skinned, large older roots with nice wild character preferred.

I'll update if the price moves before then.

I am in north central Ohio, but often make regular trips to the southern and southeastern part of the state to buy from diggers there. I will travel to pick up in quantity, such as a group of diggers who want to sell together.

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19555

I said yesterday I would update if my opening price increased...well it has.

Right now, it looks like I'll be opening at $500/pound for better than average quality collections of wild Ohio ginseng.

Be sure to look for the other medicinal plants while you are out there. The market for False Unicorn, Bloodroot and Goldenseal are currently up.

Re:2012 Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19556

bcastle, I wanted to ask you a couple of things;
1. when are you planning to come to SE Ohio?
2. I know you are an experienced buyer, this is my first year hunting ginseng, could I get your opinion on these roots? My guy said they are too clean, do you agree? any other tips you could give a new hunter?
oops, pic was too big :(

Moderators: BCastle
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and no members online

Login