TOPIC: Price in Kentucky

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7503

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Y.W. Chieftain

Blackcat Thank you :)

I do believe that you are correct and that is the reason.

So far on the dry ginseng what I have learned this year as a new dealer is that there are sevral different large buyers and they have smaller dealers/buyers that sell to them every season who have been dealing with them for years,Some 10,20 years etc.

Truthfuly they are the ones who controll the price on whats giving,the small guys follow suite so to speak.

Those bigger dealers also have some one who tells them what they will do or will not do as well and that is the international dealer and there are not alot of them as one would think,but they tell the bigger dealers what they are going to pay them for say 1 , 2 ,3 barrles that week,mounth,,and that is how they base what they tell there first dealers/the dealer that buys from you.

They can change that price daily,weekly and that is what makes it complicated.Especialy for a new dealer who is now trying to compete with the small dealers that are well established with the big dealers already,that have been buying and selling to them for along time.

New/Smaller dealers like say me and hillbilly.

No one realy wants to tell us newbys anything and as odd as that is I partly understand there position and I do not feel hard at them for that it is not personal just the business end of the deal.We have to learn alot on our own/and realy it gets complicated.

That is why I got lost a few days there,but I am fortunate to have a couple very good friends that have been dealers for along time and they have been a help to me as much as they could.I feel blessed to have them as my friends.

Now

The wet ginseng is not as complicated as far as knowing what to give/not to give and you can decide better what to give and not loose with it.That is why there seems to be more of a unity during the first part of the buying season,because the buyers are not at war/it is a time of peace so to speak,everyone is just buying closer together normaly,but at the end of the wet season it changes quickly,becomes fast paced and not nealrly as friendly a atmosphere between dealers.

blackcat

That is what I have learned and I hope that it helps you understand,it has me,I didnt understand this untill I have delt with it,but now that I have I hope alot of the guys read this post so that they to understand better what the deal is and the truth.

That was a good question.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7678

Hey Bill, any new news on 'sang price?

Stock market is hitting huge highs and new trade agreements with South Korea, anybody think things might go big yet?

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7681

I talked to a dealer from KY today and he said things were really leveling off and would probably be a good idea to try to sell by Thanksgiving. $680 per pound and $700 for 5 or more

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7682

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I have been told that it is not going to do any more by 3 different big dealers and I have not been able to raise my price any because I can not get anything more for it from any one.I am at $690:00 a pound and can not do any better.I know that a couple of dealers have reach $700:00 a pound in my area and on down the road a few countys I herd that a dealer had payd $710:00 but can not confirm that.

I do not know if it will do any better or not,,let me make this clear this is my opinion,,not the golden rule,,that being said I do not think it will get better,because the guy I sell to has been letting seng go by me and him for just $10 a pound more than what we are paying because he does not think he can hold it much longer without loosing his profit.

But as far as whether to sell or hold I can not say because I do not no and I dont think any one else does.

The dry ginseng business is a headache this late and hard to figure,but in time I will learn it when I set my mind to something I normaly learn this one will take a couple years I can tell.

Billy.

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7683

• Cowgirl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I sold today for $725.
It was not for a large amount either.
I posted this earlier on the WV forum,
because I couldn't find the KY one.
Connie Kiser at Grayson, KY.
They were off the AA Highway.
They were just the nicest people and friendly
to buy from! I bet we talked for close to an hour.
Best price so far in my tri state area
of Boyd Co. KY.
Huntington, WV was still only $650.
I start Deer hunting Sat.
so wanted to sell before I got too busy to check prices.
Good Luck everyone!

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7802

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
cowgirl thanks for that information that is the best price ive herd of any where in Ky congrats on a good sell...

Re:Price in Kentucky 13 years 4 months ago #7820

Just a FYI - we were offered 715.00 from one buyer and 720.00 from another here in Middle TN just a couple days ago.

One of the buyers was a dealer in Ky and TN and he told me he did not think it would go any higher than it is now, and said that was based on what his buyers were telling him, and he suggested that we sell by or before Thanksgiving.

Larry Faith 270-256-6920 or Tony Stone 615-388-6460 - Glasgow KY area - were the ones that offered us 715.00 and the TN Dealer that offered 720.00 was Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN.

We have right around 15 lbs - so that is what we were talking.

We may sell soon, not sure, may hold out another week or two. It seemed to me to stall out a couple weeks ago but seems to be moving on up now. Hard to tell that for sure though.

Good Luck to All !

TNhunter

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 611 guests and no members online

Login