* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: kentucky ginseng the rise and fall

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #660

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HEY EVERYONE, I THINK WE ALL ARE MOSTLY IN AGREEMENT. WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT IT TAKES. I BELEIVE IF WE ALL STICK TOGETHER, THE PRICE WILL ADJUST IT'S SELF.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #661

bow season came in oct.first here..me and the stepson have our camp meat killed and we are buck hunting now .I took two does and he took three .Thats enough meat for awhile....I too still have a half pound or so still on the drying rack's ...I seen some plant's yesterday while bowhunting...we are supposed to get a hard pounding rain by mid week and that will end the dig for this season here.....

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #662

• blazerky
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey everyone, I just saw 8 ounces of wild Virigina ginseng sell for 247.50 and 4 dollars for shippin. I really think next month should bring 550.00 to 600.00 in November but we will see.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #667

• dcj2372
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yesterday a local dealer was paying 19 dollars an ounce today they are only paying 17 its getting me worried if it's gonna get any better. Has anyone heard of any dealers pricing going up?

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #668

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would hold on til at least november. They are trying to buy as low as they can. I mean what is the worst.

I do not think it can go much lower but does stand a good chance of going higher in nov or mid dec. This is just my opinion.

I have two pounds or more and my son-inlaw has over a pound. We will not sell for less than 500.00 a pound and thier are many more of us.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #672

• Hung Lo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
so are yall trying to start a union?...lol

i share the same view as most on here. i will not sell until i can get at least 500 a pound and really dont care how long i have to keep it. the extra money is nice, but i can make it just fine without it.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #676

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I herd that guys 500 a pound is a good starting price to get some of ours maybe 2 pound,but to get it all it will take 600 or better.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 5 months ago #684

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey hung lo, a union sounds like a great idea. What we need is someone, who really knows who to sell our ginseng to. I mean like next year, send someone to the auction in Hong Kong.

I think we all could pay a small precentage for each pound of ginseng sold. I am sure we all would make out a whole lot better.

Another thought would be to form some kind of club or association, in which their were small amount of dues paid. This would cover someones air fare and license and other expences.

I think this is would be the only true way we could get the maxium out of our sang. I also think this would stabelize the market and we could have more to say about the price.

Hey, just something to think about.

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 1 month ago #1133

• jean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John,

Do you want sell your wild ginseng?

I am a buyer.

Jean

Re:kentucky ginseng the rise and fall 15 years 1 month ago #1134