* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kentucky Ginseng Program

Kentucky Ginseng Program 13 years 4 months ago #7792

Just an FYI -

Information about Kentucky's ginseng program - including licensed dealers - is available at the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's website at www.kyagr.com/ . From there, click on ginseng under the red \"regulatory programs\" button and then select ginseng from the list in the middle column.

As it's been said before, each state has it's own specific rules and as well as the agency that manages the state's program. For Kentucky, it just happens to be the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.

KDA staff will not give you current prices, nor will they sell your ginseng for you. They will, however, give you basic rules and information about they program. But before you call, simply read the information on the website. The coordinator is busy certifying ginseng so it can be sold and is very hard to reach this time of the year.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky Ginseng Program contacts 12 years 7 months ago #11315

Kentucky's ginseng harvest season starts September 1. The selling season starts Sept 1 for GREEN ginseng. Dry ginseng that has not been certified can be sold from September 15 - March 31.

www.kyagr.com/marketing/ginseng.html
www.kyagr.com/marketing/ginseng-harvesters.html

Remember when harvesting ginseng, please be a good steward of ginseng.
? Get permission to harvest.
? Only harvest plants that have 3 prongs or are at least 5 years of age.
? Only dig plants with red berries
? Plant berries within fifty feet of where you dug the root with your finger in ? to 1 inch
of soil.
? Leave some mature plants for the future.
? If young plants come up when digging a larger root, plant them back into the same
spot.

Kentucky Ginseng Dealer Information 12 years 7 months ago #11424

Kentucky's ginseng laws and regulations underwent major changes in time for the 2011 ginseng harvest season.

These changes affect the entire program.

If you have been a dealer in the past you should have received an application as well as information about these changes. There are two additional steps to your dealer application process than in the past - a copy of your id and a fee. The fee is $75.00 for Kentucky residents and $150 for non-resident. We only accept checks or money orders.

You should get a pre-filled application each July if you are a previous KY dealer (from 2007-current) unless your address is incorrect. Visit the dealer page to download applications and for more details www.kyagr.com/marketing/ginseng.html .

You will need to fill out the form and have it notarized. Send the form, id copy, and the fee and submit to the address on the form.This license is good from Sept 1 - Aug 31 each year. This process will need to be done annually.

Please make sure you address is correct on your driver's license and that it hasn't expired!

Re:Kentucky Ginseng Program 11 years 6 months ago #20381

Two updates -

The first, the Kentucky Department of Ag has a new look to the website. The ginseng program _link_ is now http://www.kyagr.com/marketing/ginseng.html . Please update any old book marks that you may have.

Also, for those wishing to schedule appointments, I have an appointment calendar on google that you can go in directly to see when I have appointment slots available and even the ability to set your own appointments. The downside is that you must have a google/gmail account in order to do so.

I'm simply testing this feature to not only help better manage my time, but to make appointments timely and punctual and not over schedule and give you all away to see when I can work you in on your own time.

Again, I'm not in the office Oct 11 - Oct 17, as well as other times. I have appointment slots set up until Dec 21 and I remind you to allow 1 hour for every 100 pounds of ginseng.

The short _link_ for the calendar is goo.gl/k2Ced . You can only see details of certification slots, if they are available or times you have scheduled yourself via your google calendar.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 733 guests and no members online

Login