2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Indiana Prices

Indiana Prices 13 years 6 months ago #5255

I emailed a gentleman in Connersville about the dry price there, and his response was $400 per pound with a possible change on Monday. . .he didn't specify whether that change would be up or down.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 6 months ago #5264

I have talked to two buyers. Both quoted $400 a dry pound and expect it to do nothing but rise as season goes on.

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 6 months ago #5267

I'm holding on to mine for a while. I don't think the normal quantities of seng are going to be coming in this year, so I'm hoping that will drive the price up. There's a big patch of woods I go to around here, and I normally divide it into four three hour hunts. I went to the third section late last week, and the seng was really yellow and burning up. I went back today to the last section, and I found very little seng. I don't know this for sure, but I really think it burned up in about five days. Also, with it being so dry, I'm wondering if the leaves won't be falling a few weeks sooner than normal. When that happens, the season is really over.

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6478

A quick update, my uncle sold his seng late last week for $500/lb.

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6495

thanks for the update..

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6660

I called a couple of places this morning. One was at $530 and the other was $540. Looks like it's heading in the right direction!

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6665

I aint that far from Indiana;)

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6842

I just wanted to throw out a quick update for those interested in Indiana pricing. I called two places again today, one local and one long distance. Ginseng was $540/lb. locally and $560/lb. if you wanted to drive a little.

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6845

Thanks,Jac

Re:Indiana Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6850

No problem, Chief. I've had my eye on a new gun for a long time now, so I'm watching these prices closely. I need every dollar I can round up this year.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 674 guests and no members online

Login