* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Price in Indiana

Price in Indiana 13 years 6 months ago #6491

Hey guys!

1st time blogging on this site, I just sold a bit over 2 1/2 lbs to Mr Duncan in Bloomington ( he is listed on this site) for 500.00 a pound dry. The hot summer has really shortned the window this season, and I am already looking @ maps to plan the next season. I love to hunt Seng and to all of you other Senger's out there happy hunting and good luck!!!

Stan:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price in Indiana 13 years 6 months ago #6496

thanks Stan...all updates are appreciated.

Re:Price in Indiana 13 years 6 months ago #6514

My son and I each have just under 12.5lbs dried ginseng,so a hair under 25lbs between the 2 of us, we called Bell in Connersville and he offered $550.00, described the root and quality and he said a extra $10.00=$560.00
Called Duncan in Bloomington and he offered $535.00, didn't go into any real detail with him and Wolf Fur in Evansville Wolf offered $515.00
Called Leatherwood Root & Herb in Montezuma and was only offered $500.00
They all said they would beat anyone elses price but I didn't bother to tell them anyone elses price as I'm waiting for it to hit $600.00 before selling.
Season was definately a good 2-3 weeks shorter here on green leaved and yellow leaved plants in fact we were digging more yellow leaved than green leaved on Sept. 1st when we started digging 7 days a week 6 hours a day, but we could still spot gold leaved plants in our woods we hunt up until end of last week, now the falling leaves are covering those up though and steady rain expected tomorrow should knock even the big gold plants down.
On a ODD note I found 3 plants this year in the same general area that had a WHITE skin covering over the seed instead of the deep red. It was the outer skin that was white and it was not a mold or anything coating the red skin making it look white.
We put down a extra 10 lbs of seed this year while digging to continue to boost the population out there.
Still burns me up to hear of guys that sold 1-5 lbs dried on Sept. 1st as you know they dug that out of season.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 143 guests and no members online

Login