2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Selling Together

Re:Selling Together 13 years 5 months ago #7556

triton wrote:

sprong,hillhoper inless i change my mind between now and then i think i'll join up with you guys next year for a combined sale it's really to late this year to get it all together.
I can probally come up with 25 -30 lb. combined with a few diggers i now around here

Triton, Sorry for taking so long to reply. Somehow I had overlooked your post. That sounds good to me as well. I'm not sure how much weight I may end up with, but shouldn't have a problem with getting at least ten pounds.
By the way Triton, where are you from?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Selling Together 13 years 5 months ago #7600

sprong,
I'm in Illinois but i think i'll get my dealers license next year.Then i can sell anywhere after it's certified

Re:Selling Together 12 years 8 months ago #11287

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you all were still Interested in this. I just sent in the application for my dealers license. Should have it in 2-3 weeks. Let me know, The season is approaching quickly.:)

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #11961

I'm a new dealer. My son is the buyer/agent -- Tony Ball. This is exactly what we had discussed doing. We're volunteering to represent East TN. Keep us informed.

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12538

I too am from Ohio.Do you know what the price is this year? So if we all grouped together could we get a better price? The only people I have ever sold to is Ohio ginseng and fur company. Please let me know. Thanks

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12612

Irishjewels wrote:

I too am from Ohio.Do you know what the price is this year? So if we all grouped together could we get a better price? The only people I have ever sold to is Ohio ginseng and fur company. Please let me know. Thanks

Irishjewels - To answer your first question I suspect the starting price in Ohio for dried roots will be right around $350/lb. Some dealers may be a little higher or lower, and this might even change in the next 10 days.

To answer your second question I am going to give you an example using all hypothetical numbers and names.
Lets say dealer x is offering $400/lb for good quality dried ginseng and has a buyer who is buying it from him at 425/lb. Digger Joe comes in with exactly one pound and sells it to dealer x. Then dealer x just made $25 from that one transaction.
Now lets say digger Joe calls dealer x and tells him that he has joined up with 10 other diggers and has 50 lbs of good quality ginseg to sell and wants to know what price he can get. Dealer x may decide that he will give give 415/lb and only make a $10/lb profit, but this transaction will make him $500.

This is a very simplified example and there is more to it than just this, but I think it shows how getting a larger amount of seng together can help get a better price. BUT on the other hand if one or two of the diggers has a cultivated plot of ginseng or say a whole bunch of small roots then this would have the opposite effect and cheapen the price of the whole lot.

Hope this is helpful.

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12676

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Well said

5prong wrote:

Irishjewels wrote:

Irishjewels - To answer your first question I suspect the starting price in Ohio for dried roots will be right around $350/lb. Some dealers may be a little higher or lower, and this might even change in the next 10 days.

To answer your second question I am going to give you an example using all hypothetical numbers and names.
Lets say dealer x is offering $400/lb for good quality dried ginseng and has a buyer who is buying it from him at 425/lb. Digger Joe comes in with exactly one pound and sells it to dealer x. Then dealer x just made $25 from that one transaction.
Now lets say digger Joe calls dealer x and tells him that he has joined up with 10 other diggers and has 50 lbs of good quality ginseg to sell and wants to know what price he can get. Dealer x may decide that he will give give 415/lb and only make a $10/lb profit, but this transaction will make him $500.

This is a very simplified example and there is more to it than just this, but I think it shows how getting a larger amount of seng together can help get a better price. BUT on the other hand if one or two of the diggers has a cultivated plot of ginseng or say a whole bunch of small roots then this would have the opposite effect and cheapen the price of the whole lot.

Hope this is helpful.

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12782

Im in I got a couple pounds dry and some more drying hopefully we can get it all worked out and next year have a meeting in kentucky, indiana etc. and make this happen.

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12810

hello admin do you have any proposal drawn up and would you be willing to share it with me what you may have so that i can start something here and let people see what we could do by working togeather i have told alot of diggers about this but i have know game plan to show them how this would work thankyou for any help

Re:Selling Together 12 years 7 months ago #12876

I think the biggest problem facing getting people to deal togethor is the hassle of red tape involved with taking ginseng across state lines. But what if a big dealer was contacted first that already does that? if he knew he was guaranteed getting 60lb from TN and 45 from KY and 46 from Ohio he might pay more...

Moderators: KYginseng
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 485 guests and no members online

Login