2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mushrooms

Mushrooms 12 years 2 months ago #16303

I have a video link attached below. This guy has some interesting thoughts pertaining to mushrooms and the Earth. Click on the first video called TED. The video last 17 minutes but it is really interesting. Besides mushrooms being good to eat it appears they can also be of a huge benefit to the Earth.
Not really ginseng related but it talks about soil, trees and many other benefits to the forest and Earth which we all care about.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/arch...d=20111231_DNL_art_1

Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mushrooms 12 years 2 months ago #16309

That's an interesting video. The NPR talkshow is pretty good as well.

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16332

Hi Latt and others:

I am looking for some wild American Ganoderma Lucidum, also known as Reishi or Lingzhi. Please respond if you have any.

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16333

I did find a small quantity of Reishi which I used for myself by grinding it up and making a tea. I will keep you in mind if if I find some in the future.
I have seen many misidentify Artist's Conk(Ganoderma applanatum) as Reishi. So true Reishi is not as abundant as most people think. However, I do find true Reishi now and then.
I found over 300 lbs of Grifola frondosa or Maitake (Hen of the Woods). Let me know if you have any interest in this for next Fall and I can get you some fresh ones.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16334

Appreciated. I sure can buy a ton and use some. Any rules for cross state shipping on mushrooms?

I have over 100 pounds of stratefied seeds (2010 seeds) and ready for Spring planting. Let me know if you need any soon. This was not seeds from 2011 and treated with hormone.

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16335

OK I will keep you in mind on the Reishi and Maitake next fall. If this coming fall is just half as good as it was this past fall, I will still have hundreds of pounds of fresh Maitake for you. I will check into the laws on what it will take to ship them to you next fall. Do you prefer fresh or would dehydrated Maitake work as well? I do my own dehydrating immediately after picking them fresh. I eat them fresh, freeze some and dehydrate some. I would not recommend buying any frozen ones thou. Fresh or dehydrated is the only way to go in my opinion. I had so many this past fall I did have to freeze some thou as I could not eat or dehydrate them fast enough. I still have over 100 lbs in the deep freezer from last fall.
I have a new dehydrator now that can dehydrate 10 times more than I used to be able to do last season.

If you have 100 lbs of stratified seed ready for planting I would possibly be interested in some. Email me the price per lb.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16344

Latt- What are you going to do with 100 lb.s of those mushrooms?

DrGenSing - that's quite some website you have there!

Re:Mushrooms-ganoderma Lucidum or Lingzhi 12 years 2 months ago #16345

Whitjr,
They are in the freezer now. I will thaw some out now and then and eat some. Not as good as fresh but still decent. They hold up to freezing better than most mushrooms. I will probably dehydrate some more and make a powder out of them when I run out of the dehydrated Maitake powder I made. My wife and I take some Maitake powder every day. Google the medicinal value of Miatake mushrooms. It is very impressive and has many health related benefits.

The dehydrated powdered Maitake is pretty nasty tasting to me thou. My wife puts it in her berry smoothies. I am not a smoothie kind of guy so I just make a tea from it, let it cool down, pinch my nose and slug it down. I put two table spoonfulls in a coffee size cup per one serving.

Maitake mushrooms when fresh are outstanding. Very mild and earthy. Love to stir fry them and they hold up well to cooking them. But the dehydrated powdered Maitake now that's a whole different story.

There are a couple other fellas on this forum that hunt Maitake mushrooms and we have talked about them via email. This year was the best ever for Maitake with the record rains here in Ohio. I found over 30 in one day and they all ranged anywhere from 4 to 10 lbs a piece. Later in the fall I found a dozen or so in the 20 lb range per mushroom. But they had blossomed out are not as good to eat. I did made some powder out of the 20 lb ones. I have heard of people finding them in the 40 lb range. But they are much better to eat when in the 2 to 10 lb range. Yes you can eat off a 10 lb one many times and they store in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks if not longer.

I will post a few pics following this post. Sometime bugs hide in them. The bugs do not feed off the mushroom or infest it like they do in some mushrooms. But they do like to hide in them. Mostly beetles and Centipedes and they wash out when the Maitake mushrooms are sprayed off with a garden hose with some pressure.

Email me your address and I will send you a ziplock bag of some powdered Maitake. Google Maitake mushrooms and weight loss. It is proven to help people lose weight too.
Latt

Re:Mushrooms 12 years 2 months ago #16346

Here is a bigger Maitake mushroom. Still edible but not as good as a smaller one.
Attachments:

Re:Mushrooms 12 years 2 months ago #16347

Here are a few fresh ones in the 4 to 8lb range.
Attachments:

Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 278 guests and no members online

Login