2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Growing Morels?

Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22194

Anyone tried to grow morels? If so i would like some info on it.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22195

Wildgrower,
I have bought morel mycelium blocks from companies before and I had no luck with them. You want to grow some areas for new morel growth try this

Pick your morel mushrooms in the wild like always. Bring them home and soak them in a clean sink full of cool temp UNSALTED water from the faucet. If you have unclorinated water available that is even better. After you have soaked the morels for about 10 minutes remove the morels from the water and let them drain morels on some paper towels.

Now take the morel \"soak\" water that is in your sing and get it into a steralized container. I use a rinsed out plastic gallon milk jug. Put in all the bits and pieces or what ever is in the sink soak water into the milk jug and put the cap on then put it in the refrigerator.

Now within the next 2 to 3 days take that morel spore water out in the woods and pour it within the drip line of an Elm, Poplar, Ash, Hickory or any Apple trees that you have.

It is possible that within a 2 or 3 year period from the time you pour the water as I have described, a new patch of morels will grow there.

It doesn't work all the time but it does work often.
This is the only way I know of to grow morel mushrooms.
Latt

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22197

Thanks Latt. Speaking of this i find it interesting that with all of the technology we have today these small things like ginseng and morels still trip us up.

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22208

Have been working on growing morels indoors for about 15 years. Have made great progress but just not patent pending yet.;) The outdoor grow can be done but will take some time to see the fruits of your labor (like ginseng). The interesting part is they both like the same soil type matrix as each other something I started working on last year. I know these are general statements but if your looking to get more indepth check out pashroomin.com and PM me if you'd like.

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22214

trahan007,
Tried to log on a number of times but was not able to.
Latt

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22215

Latt, have you made it to the web site and having trouble logging on as a guest, or is the link bad?

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 2 weeks ago #22217

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 5 days ago #22286

I saved my spore water last year and poured some around 3 different trees.. Ash, Poplar and Apple.

I sure hope that works - at least I will be looking at those locations with some anticipation each time I go by them this spring, next spring, etc..

TNhunter

Re:Growing Morels? 11 years 18 hours ago #22296

If the weather begins to warm up a bit, how long do you think it will be before the Morels are up? I have found them but do not hunt them regularly. I associate with lots of older people who enjoy these little treats and are always asking me about them. I harvest lots of peoke and other spring greens from the woods and fields. I would like to be able to offer morels as well. Can you help?

Re:Growing Morels? 10 years 11 months ago #22305

They are finding many in Georgia, Alabama, Texas and some in the Carolina's and TN
They are already finding some in Southern Indiana too. So you are on the same Latitude line as Southern Indiana. Should be soon then for a few. By 4/10/13 you should be finding many assuming the weather cooperates warmth wise. We have had plenty of moisture and that's a good thing.
Good luck
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 396 guests and no members online

Login