2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging!

Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24802

Deleted.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24803

Deleted.
Attachments:

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24943

It is nice to find something unexpected isn't it? I target fungi and occaisionally mess up totally and find some ginseng root. :laugh:

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24945

Deleted.
Attachments:

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24947

That is way too old to even hazard a guess. Unlikely hen unless it was from last year and even then the heat and rain of summer completely wipes out even the cores I leave around the bushes at my apartment after cleaning.

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24949

Deleted.

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24954

Frank, all mushrooms are edible...at least once. By large shelf mushrooms you could be speaking of anything from Artist Conk or ganoderma to Dryad's Saddle, to a myriad of others. If possible, clear photos of the top, bottom of cap if it is capped, stem and description of trees nearby will help. I will do my best but as I post in many forums never rely on and ID from a photo on the internet when your liver and kidneys may fail in 7 days with deadly look a likes to common edibles. There is one fall/winter/spring mushroom I won't even post as another that grows on dead fall, the deadly gallerina is SOOO close in appearance until you are accustomed to identifying the \"January mushroom\" velvet foot. :woohoo: Thanks for everyone's interest happy root gathering, growing, buying and selling. I am thinking of marketing on a small scale ground dehydrated mushrooms which will cut shipping costs and really add flavor to many dishes. As this draws near with the permission of the owner, I will offer a few free sample packs of powders of various edible/medicinal fungi if anyone is interested?

Re:Chicken of the Woods I found on 09/16/13 while Ginseng hunting/digging! 10 years 6 months ago #24957

You bet im interested always lookin to new things hook me up shroomdawg.

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 411 guests and no members online

Login