2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree.

Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 6 months ago #24818

Found these today in the first woods, went to second and yellow jackets hit me 5 times and then drove to another woods, yellow jackets in waiting stung me 2 more times after leaving woods 2 and arriving at woods 3 10m minutes later. You don't want to see those pics.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 6 months ago #24839

Nice Haul.
Latt

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 6 months ago #24907

Thanks Latt, I do have some videos to load up to youtube of various finds this year including these meaty \"fall\" oysters and the primordial chicken of the woods which changes from a rather bland tasting mushroom to a delicacy if you time it just right!

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 6 months ago #24923

Mmmmmmmm looks so yummy.cant wait for the videos

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 6 months ago #24924

I have couple already and working on a few more now to make a complete set of let's go foraging with Scott videos. Can I share a link from facespace as well here?
:dry:

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 4 months ago #26268

up north we are getting 25$ a pound for the reishi and 20$ a pound for chaga...there is a fantastic market up north for shrooms, chaga... could you please tell me if the southern herb buyers buy the shrooms and chaga?? and at what price?

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 4 months ago #26309

Never found either one of those, not sure that they grow in VA? I would like to find a chef to buy some morels though.:)

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 4 months ago #26338

would like to learn more about different kinds of mushrooms. only one i know to get is dry land fish or morale some people call them. if they as good eating as them i might have to investigate them more just scared of finding something that would poison me. here some fish i found this spring.
Attachments:

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 4 months ago #26373

Tennesseethomas
Yep those are some nice ones. I am no expert by any means and I am reluctant to tell someone what is and is not edible over the internet. All people should be leary of taking advice as to what can or cannot be considered an edible mushroom.

With that said I can ID many mushrooms and if I recommend it is edible then it is. I have to be 100% sure before I would recommend you try a new one. If I am 99.9% sure then I will not recommend you eat a new mushroom.

So if you want to post a pic now and then I will let you know if I am 100% sure. Many edible mushrooms have poisonous look a likes. When this is the case, I will stay away from recommending the edible one due to the possibility of someone getting sick or worse.

I am sure Shroomdawg will help you too. He is getting really good at this and has pasted me up on identifying mushrooms. I go to him often now to verify a mushroom that I am pondering eating.

Just be careful Tennesseethomas, but it is fun to expand your knowledge. I hunt all year round now except for Jan and Feb and find edibles 10 months out of the year.

Good luck,
Latt

Re:Mature chicken of the woods far left, primordial of emerging nuggets in between fall variety oysters on elm tree. 10 years 4 months ago #26381

thanks latt. will do

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 673 guests and no members online

Login