* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: anyone know what this is

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 9 months ago #28999

Cool thxs guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 9 months ago #29002

Hobbler, Tran is probably right. Edible but not choice. I would like to try one just to see how it taste though.

Now on the other hand, if you find some Maitake mushrooms this fall, that's a whole other story. Maitake (Hen of the Woods) are one of my top 5 favorites. Great mild flavor, and they hold up well when sauteed or in a sauce or any recipe for that matter. They keep well to in the fridge for a couple of week or more. Most of the time you will find more than you can eat so I freeze mine. I rinse them off and chop them up to about the size of a sliced button mushroom and then freeze them.
Latt

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29030

Are these black trumpets
Attachments:

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29031

Attachments:

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29033

Yes YES YES!!! EAT THEM NOW. LOL Congrats they are great. Classic Black Trumpet habitat in your pic. Find the moss and you have a chance for Black Trumpets. They grow elsewhere but love the moss.

Yesterday morning, I chopped some black trumpets up with some Chanterelle mushrooms and onion and put them in an omelet with bacon and cheese, it was fantastic.

Shroomdawg and I went a couple weeks ago and found them. They keep well in the fridge in a plastic grocery bag with the top left open for air to circulate. Don't wash them. Just pick em and put em in the fridge. I rotate or stir them in the bag now and then so the ones on the bottom do not get wet and rot. If they dry out a bit in the fridge it will not hurt anything.

Let us know what you think.
Latt

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29035

Cool thxs latt

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29039

Hobbler trumpets are my #1 mushroom to eat!!!! Great find. I pick them by the bag fulls, Dehydrate them and crush them down to powder(Store in GLASS mason jars) they will keep for many years. IMOA this mushroom is the best earthy taste of them all (Called Poor Man's truffle). I've been hitting them hard local for the last two weeks, when they are up I don't stop picking until they are done. I pick them some years until Sept. There is two different strains of trumpets two different color spore prints(I think pink and white). The weather local has been spot on for trumpet and chant growth Congrats and enjoy!

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29041

Hey trahn
Should I search the surrounding area for more these about 75 were in a trail where Ipick blue berries

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29043

would these be anything worth while?
Attachments:

Re:anyone inow what this is 9 years 8 months ago #29044

or these the top is kind of grey the bottom and stem pure white, the slugs like them
Attachments:

Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 278 guests and no members online

Login