2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
misc roots and herbs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C.

Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 7 months ago #29944

Does anyone know any one that buys cohosh and blood root in the Asheville N.C. or Johnson city tn. area. I have called Boone so many times I am not calling again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 7 months ago #29956

ridge runner trading post in boone used to buy it

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #29963

I called them and left several messages. I got a call back the first week and they said that they was buying and they emailed me a price list. So I done some digging. Just as a spare time thing. Well I wanted to see if this was going to be a decent way to supplement my income a little. I have called and left messages for the past three weeks .No call backs no answer I am fed up with it . I could have had a lot dug and washed and dried these past two weeks but I was afraid I would be stuck with it and. I made nothing in a two week spare time effort guess I will try and find a reliable buyer befoer I dig any more. Thanks for your reply.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30006

You might want to give Billy a call. He buys Ginseng, misc. roots and herbs in KY, TN and VA and may have a Buyer fairly close to you either in TN or VA. He has two Buyers very near my location and he even travels down this way from time to time.

Frank

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30028

Thanks Frank, I got in touch with some guys in Burke county I am meeting with them Tuesday. They are called Gardens of the Blue Ridge.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30042

wise1 wrote:

Thanks Frank, I got in touch with some guys in Burke county I am meeting with them Tuesday. They are called Gardens of the Blue Ridge.

Let me know what you get per pound for the roots. I am seriously thinking about digging Black Cohosh as I know of areas where I can fill the bed of my' poor little Ford Ranger pickup. I will have to sell any roots I get as green because I do not have a setup to dry them correctly. Are you selling your' dug roots as green or dried?

Frank

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30054

I will let you know. I am drying mine but my first attempt with the black went south. I had it on some tin in the back of a 76 bronco and had the windows cracked and the back hatch up. Then it rained for 3 days and mold took over .Guess i thew 15 pound away.I had a neighbor that had a side by side fridge go out So I wired in a 60 watt bulb in each side , That didn't work either so I cut a hole between the inside divider panel and put a little ceramic heater /fan in the bottom that helped circulate the air and the heat from the bulbs. If I sun dry my roots good and put them in their it does good. If I put them in their when wet it stays damp and it don't evaporate the water . It all trial and error now.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30166

O K Frank They are paying $1.00 to $1.25 for green black co-hosh. They did not normally buy green but so many folk had tried to dry it and got mold on it they decided to buy and dry. I got $4.50 for my chopped washed and dried. I got $ 17.50 lb.for my blood root. $180.00 for my green sane.They were happy with my cleanness and preparation,and said they would buy all the co-hosh and blood root and sane I could bring them. Hope this helps Ya.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30167

O K Frank They are paying $1.00 to $1.25 for green black co-hosh. They did not normally buy green but so many folk had tried to dry it and got mold on it they decided to buy and dry. I got $4.50 for my chopped washed and dried. I got $ 17.50 lb.for my blood root. $180.00 for my green sane.They were happy with my cleanness and preparation,and said they would buy all the co-hosh and blood root and sane I could bring them. Hope this helps Ya.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 6 months ago #30169

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 456 guests and no members online

Login