2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about ginseng's medical effects.
You can also post your experience for others to read
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power Lunch

Power Lunch 10 years 2 months ago #26973

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 2 months ago #26974

Attachments:

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 2 months ago #26992

ILl have to try that sometime. Is the ginseng fried, or flavored with honey only?

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27411

Looks like he is just making some Ginseng Tea... and sweeting with honey.

Here is how I do it...

I take some of my personal stash of keeper roots (smallish roots with 20+ years age) and slice them up real thin.

I put the seng slices in a coffee cup, and add a organic green tea bag and a little honey or sugar for sweetner.

I boil some water, and pour it in the cup and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes - and drink it up and I also eat the seng slices as I am sipping.

Good Stuff !

I also eat those thin slices by themselves at times (without tea).

I keep a little glass full of seng root chips on my work desk and munch on them often - almost every day (especially during cold/flue season).

TNhunter

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27419

Thanks for the recipe!

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27451

TN you slice em up when they're fresh correct?

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27488

rpdgrump,

That would be the smart way to do it and have done that on some...

But what I actually do is wait until all of my seng harvest is dry and when removing it from the window screens, I inspect to find the type that I want to keep.

I prefer the smaller roots with lots of age - 20+ years is what I select for.

Then I just keep those select roots in a paper bag in my home office and pull them out one at a time and eat the root hair and small branches first, and the root neck, then lastly I will slice the root body up, or chip it up and eat that.

It's not easy to slice dried ginseng roots, so what I do is more like whittling or chipping.

I think you can buy a tool that works nicely to slice dry ginseng but I have not checked into that yet. I am Ok with what I am doing now.

TNhunter

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27496

TNhunter

Thanks I'll try some of both and see how it goes

rpd
Attachments:

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27497

Nice Root there rpdgrump.

That one would most likely end up in my sell pile - since it is quite large and has some weight to it.

That is part of the reason I select those tiny roots with 20+ years (I always find a few that are not much bigger than a quarter when dry, but have plenty of age).

When you take those out of your sell pile, you don't negativly affect the weight a lot.

Also I think that when a root lives to be 20 years or more and it is still tiny, that means it survived in less than ideal conditions. It's got spunk, it's a fighter, never gives up.

Those are some qualities that I want working for me :-)

TNhunter

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27498

TN To be honest I've never sold an ounce of the stuff. Just started working my own Ginseng woods three years ago. The only ones I've ever dug are on my own property. That root went into a transplant bed of other good seed producers.
I've rounded up a few dozen to make it easier to cover them from deer and turkey.

But I'll dig up a couple of my native plants this year for consumption. If people
are willing to pay that much for it and I get it free I might as well enjoy some of the health benefits myself. Saved a bunch of tops for tea, I mix it with a bag of lemon zinger and raw honey from a local bee keeper. Definitely has an energy boosting effect on me.

I just throw in a picture now and then to make the posts more interesting ,
hopefully it helps with the boredom of this long long winter. I go to youtube and watch your videos to help treat cabin fever.

Hope your slopes warm up soon, rpd
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and no members online

Login