2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Voles

Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10396

Discovered some vole damaged this morning in my one year beds, flattened tops pulled against the ground. I guess the bait stations are going back out.

Hillhopper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10402

Not sure about Voles but for Moles I used the Dollar Store Pin Wheels that spin in the wind. My theory is the vibration translated to the ground is undesirable to their acute sensitivity. Good luck.

Re:Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10409

four prong,
Did that seem to work? Moles are in there some as well and I would be willing to give it a try.

Hillhopper

Re:Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10411

Worked like a charm. Moles create the sub-surface tunnels and other critters will use them as well. After a few days of pin wheel spinning the moles went away. Some of the tunnels and mounds I stepped on and others the rain settled out. I must admit that it sure looked silly as I placed them every 10 feet or so even beyond the active area. The idea was spawned when I had Moles and Voles in my back lawn. Every time the riding lawn mower would pass by they would scurry all over the place. Sad to say that Deer, Turkeys, Coon, and Squirrels don't seem to mind them. If you decide to give it a whirl be sure to buy plenty of them.

Re:Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10416

So you tried these on deer?

Re:Voles 12 years 9 months ago #10426

Yep. Like everything else they shy away at first then they are right back. I have even tried to eat my way out of a deer problem but more just keep coming. Dried blood tied up in cloth and hung around seem to work. Without question the best method is to simply hang a critter or deer parts over a crotched limb. Crude but most effective.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 620 guests and no members online

Login